The Business Support Analyst will be responsible for proactively analysing and identifying trends in the commercial division which spans all business units and proposing solutions. They are also responsible for competition monitoring, research on innovative solutions and industry environment scanning.
- Develop, implement, maintain and support business analysis and modelling to enable the reporting and analysis of sales data;
- Support the Commercial Director in achieving strategy alignment with the various business units and implementation of key Commercial Division initiatives;
- Gather detailed information on the operating environment to assist the Commercial Director in providing strategic direction on matters relating to new investments and business opportunities for the distribution channels, FAs and Bancassurance;
- Routinely communicate specific consolidated financial and operational performance trends using appropriate metrics and suggest key actions and strategic implications to the Commercial Division;
- Provide segment profitability analysis of all the various channels in Commercial Division;
- Undertake statistical trend analysis on revenues and projections, probabilities and risk assessment for Commercial Division;
- Offer high quality reports for the Commercial Director and assist in preparation of management reports and presentations for senior leadership meetings and various strategic committees of Britam;
- Supports the planning process for Commercial division by assisting in the development of models and frameworks;
- Provides quality Business Information and Intelligence reporting within the provided Turnaround Time (TAT);
- Conducts complex analysis with advanced knowledge of statistics, predictive modelling and data mining to drive the distribution results ;
- Keeps current on industry, standard and regulatory/compliance issues. Collate Industry information through website search, daily newspapers or any relied upon source to be a basis for recommendations and decision making;
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balance scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
The Business Support Analyst will be;
- Accountable to the Commercial Director
- Work closely with division Heads of Channels, Head of FA, Head of Bancassurance , Head of Digital Channels and other units CEOs and Chief Finance Officers
- Other Financial services sector players
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Strategic Management or related field
- 4-6 years’ experience in business planning and strategic analysis implementation
- Experience in sales and distribution analysis within a retail and corporate sector
- Extensive experience in systems analysis and business data analysis – strong knowledge of databases (SQL etc.), balance score card methodology and reporting packages
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy;
- The ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis; Problem solving and diagnostic acumen;
- Report writing-ability to develop strategic reports.
- Leading and Supervising: Provides team with a clear direction based on the overall strategy and objectives of the department; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledge high potential talent within the team; sets and articulates the vision and values through own personal behaviour.
- Persuading and Influencing: Gains clear agreement and commitment from other; promotes the departmental strategy and objectives during team conversations; promotes ideas on behalf of the team and or department; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the team’s impression and brand on others.
- Presenting and Communicating Information: Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback; projects credibility.
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; encourages team and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment.
- Analysing: Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
- Planning and Organising: Sets clearly defined team objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors team performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
Friday, June 30, 2017
4-6 years’ experience in business planning and strategic analysis implementation.Extensive experience in systems analysis and business data analysis – strong knowledge of databases (SQL etc.)
balance score card methodology and reporting packages