There is a separate application form for 60 additional entrance scholarships for international students graduating from British Columbia K-12 schools and entering British Columbia post-secondary institutions.
Funding, regulations and policies for B.C.’s Kindergarten to Grade 12 (K-12) education system are provided by the Ministry of Education.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for students entering into a B.C. public or independent school at the Grade 9, 10, or 11 level.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Each scholarship has a value $1,250.
Number of Scholarships: There are 60 entrance scholarships, with 20 awards allocated to students from the People’s Republic of China, 20 awards for students from Japan, and 20 awards for students from the Republic of Korea.
Scholarship can be taken in Canada
Eligibility: In order to be eligible to be nominated by a school district or independent school, the international student must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be accepted for first-time entry into a B.C. public or independent school at the Grade 9, 10, or 11 level
- Be of school age (no older than 19 by June 30, 2017)
- Be nominated by a BC school district or independent school
- Hold a valid passport from the People’s Republic of China, Japan or the Republic of Korea
Nationality: Students from People’s Republic of China, Japan or the Republic of Korea are eligible to apply.
How to Apply:
- School districts and independent schools are encouraged to nominate a maximum of three (3) applicants for the Scholarship – one from each of the three eligible source countries: China, Japan and Korea. School districts and independent schools may determine their own process for identifying nominees
- A completed Application Form (Part I) and consent Form (Part II) are required for each nominated student. A Letter of Acceptance from the school district or independent school to support each nominated student is also required at the time of application
- Schools districts and independent schools complete the application on behalf of the student they are nominating; before forwarding nominations to the British Columbia Council for International Education (BCCIE), school districts and independent schools should ensure the student has consented to the disclosure of their information
- Submit the complete application (Parts I and II, with Letter of Acceptance) by email with a subject line reading “International Student Ambassador Scholarship Application – K-12 entry” to BCCIE at bccie-at-bccie.bc.ca as a single secure electronic PDF file (i.e., please scan all documents into one PDF) by March 31, 2017
Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 31, 2017.