The Capital Markets Authority is a statutory agency charged with the responsibility of regulating and developing an efficient capital market in Kenya.
The Authority invites applications from dynamic, goal-oriented, high performers, with strong problem-solving skills for the following position:
Temporary Assistant – Financial Analysis
Reporting to the Assistant Manager Financial Analysis, the selected candidate will be responsible for;
- Review annual and management financial statements of market intermediaries and listed companies to secure continued compliance with capital markets rules and regulations;
- Review applications for registration and licensing of market intermediaries and also conduct premises inspections and provide recommendations for the registration and licensing of companies to operate in the country’s securities market;
- Review prospectuses for potential or actual material accounting or financial reporting deficiencies to ensure that investors are provided with balanced information on which to base investment decisions;
- Review of financial statements submitted in support of applications by issuers;
- Analysis and compilation of comparative financial performance of market intermediaries from period to period;
- Review of financial documents relating to take overs, Mergers and acquisitions, bonuses, splits, etc. to determine costs and benefits of proposed merger or takeovers;
- Participated in the monitoring of continuous financial reporting by listed companies and intermediaries and a timely review of those financial returns.
- Monitor the publication of accounts by both issuers of securities as well as market intermediaries and review correctness of the published financial information
- Any other duties as he might be assigned from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A holder of Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Commerce (Finance or accounting option), Statistics and Mathematics or a related field.
- Candidate already pursuing professional courses in accounting and Finance professional courses such as CPA or CFA have an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Computer skills
- Analytical skills
- Integrity and honesty
- Organization and planning skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team
How to Apply
Please CLICK HERE to apply online.
Applications should be received on or before August 29, 2016 Note: Please upload a CV and one-page Cover Letter only at this stage. No certificates or other testimonials will be required until interview stage. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. “Capital Markets Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.