The Capital Markets Authority is a statutory agency charged with the responsibility of regulating and developing an efficient capital market in Kenya.
The Authority invites applications from dynamic, goal-oriented, high performers, with strong problem-solving skills for the following position:
Reporting to the Assistant Manager Investigations, the selected candidate will be responsible for;
- Investigate capital markets financial crimes, conducting forensic analysis of financial data and prepare forensic reports from financial findings;
- Perform forensic research to trace funds and identify assets for recovery;
- Prepare analytical financial information for litigation and testify if need be;
- Receiving complaints from investors and other stakeholders and identify capital market violations to be investigated;
- Formulate investigations plans on investigations and identify the various stakeholders who are affected and require to be informed and involved on the matter under review;
- Investigate complaints and obtain relevant evidence to support investigation findings;
- Actively engaging with the Capital Markets Authority Fraud Investigations Unit of the Directorate of Criminal Investigations on violations with criminal elements;
- Engaging all other departments within the Authority to enhance efficiency in investigation matters;
- Receiving and reviewing information on illegal operations of unlicensed market intermediaries and carry out background checks and site visits; and
- Undertaking any other responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Finance, Commerce or any other related field;
- Two (2) years relevant work experience preferably in forensic audit
- Professional qualification (CFE, CISA, CPA or equivalent) and membership to relevant professional body are an added advantage.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- Skills in forensic accounting and ability to think analytically and to pay great attention to detail;
- Sound understanding of potential capital markets fraud schemes and the Capital Markets Regulatory Frame work;
- Strong presentation and communication skills including ability to write reports;
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook express including financial and statistical packages;
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity;
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships; and
- Ability to treat individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender differences;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines as well as work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team;
- Organization and analytical skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should CLICK HERE to apply online as guided.
Applications should be received on or before August 31, 2016 Persons with at least two (2) years’ experience in Forensic Investigations are encouraged to apply.
Only online applications will be considered.
Note: Please upload a CV and one-page Cover Letter only at this stage. No certificates or other testimonials will be required until interview stage. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. “Capital Markets Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.