The Capital Markets Authority is a statutory agency charged with the responsibility of regulating and developing an efficient capital market in Kenya.
The Authority invites applications from dynamic, goal – oriented, high performers, with strong problem – solving skills, for the following position:
Reporting to the Strategic Projects Manager, the selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Under the guidance of the Strategic Projects Manager, assist with the implementation of the section’s strategy;
- Provide administrative support to the office of the Strategic Projects Manager on a day to day basis;
- Preparation and maintenance of key projects data, charts, budget and overall project trends;
- Liaising with Directorates & Departments on behalf of the Strategic Projects Manager to identify strategic projects to be selected from the pool of Authority’s projects database;
- Assist the Strategic Projects Manager in preparing presentations; drafting briefing papers and /or compiling pertinent background materials and preparing summaries for discussion;
- Assist Strategic Project Manager in tracking proposals on new sources of income and fundraising activities;
- Updating the database on key metrics relevant for regional and international bodies that are crucial to the Authority’s strategic projects portfolio; and
- Preparation and maintenance of annual, half yearly, quarterly and continuous reports emanating from the office of the Strategic Projects Manager
- Undertaking other assignments as allocated from time to time
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Social Sciences / Communications or equivalent
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience relevant experience in project management, research and data management
Key Skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- Project monitoring and evaluation skills
- Proficiency in data analysis using MS Product Suites and/or Project Management software;
- Knowledge of resources mobilization, public relations/international relations skills
- High level of creativity with strong presentation and communication skills;
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity;
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships; and
- Ability to treat individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender differences.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines as well as work with minimal supervision
- Team player disposition
- Organization and analytical skills
- Unquestionable Ethics, Integrity and Professionalism
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the specifications outlined, please send your application, quoting the reference of the position you are interested in, including your current curriculum vitae, copies of your certificates and other testimonials, salary history, three referees (one of who must be either your current or previous employer), day telephone number, e-mail address and details of your current salary and benefits to: The Chief Executive, Capital Markets Authority P. O Box 74800 – 00200,
Applications should be received on or before 11th September 2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
“Capital Markets Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.