The Capital Markets Authority is a statutory agency charged with the responsibility of regulating and developing an efficient capital market in Kenya.
The Authority invites applications from dynamic, goal – oriented, high performers, with strong problem – solving skills, for the following position:
Head Derivatives Contract Development and Market Research – Derivatives Unit
Reporting to the Manger, Derivatives Unit, the selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Overseeing of spot commodities and financial derivatives market research and policy analysis:
- Determining the suitability of Derivatives contracts to be listed in a Derivatives Exchange
- Development and continuous review of relevant guidelines on design and development of Derivatives Contracts
- Maintaining continual contact with market players and coordinating the review of Derivatives contracts prior to approval for listing
- Developing pricing analyses, conducting surveys,
- Developing & maintaining a data base of daily spot and derivatives prices
- Maintaining continual contact with spot market players to ascertain supply/demand situation in the spot market as Derivatives contracts approaches expiration
- Performing other duties as assigned from time to time
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics or any other related field;
- Professional qualification (CFA, CISA or equivalent) and membership to relevant professional body added advantage.
- Minimum of six (6) years relevant experience in the capital markets sector, in Derivatives market research and policy formulation.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- Ability to undertake research in financial and commodity markets;
- Knowledge of relevant commodity supply chain including major spot market players;
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with spot market players;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Product suite is a must;
- Extensive experience in designing cash settled futures contract requires extensive research to ensure that the futures contract meets the hedging requirements of the cash market participants; and
- Develop a detailed framework for developing both deliverable and cash-settled contracts.
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the specifications outlined, please send your application, quoting the reference of the position you are interested in, including your current curriculum vitae, copies of your certificates and other testimonials, salary history, three referees (one of who must be either your current or previous employer), day telephone number, e-mail address and details of your current salary and benefits to: The Chief Executive, Capital Markets Authority P. O Box 74800 – 00200,
Applications should be received on or before 11th September 2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
“Capital Markets Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply