The Capital Markets Authority is a statutory agency charged with the responsibility of regulating and developing an efficient capital market in Kenya.
The Authority invites applications from dynamic, goal – oriented, high performers, with strong problem – solving skills, for the following position:
Head Licensing, Inspection, Audit &Compliance – Derivatives Unit
Reporting to the Manager, Derivatives Unit, the successful candidate will be responsible for;
- Overseeing and undertaking review of financial statements, investigating complaints, inspecting and auditing Derivatives exchanges and market intermediaries;
- Undertaking the Licensing process of Derivatives exchanges and market intermediaries;
- Undertaking review of the financial statements submitted by all other Derivatives market regulates;
- Investigating complaints against Derivatives exchanges and market intermediaries;
- Inspection and audit of Derivatives exchanges and market intermediaries; Market vigilance and intelligence;
- Reviewing the governance of Derivatives Exchanges including the Minutes of the Board & Committee Meetings of such Exchanges; and
- Coordination of Self-Regulatory Organizations (SRO) actions for non-payment of variation margin and, in liaison with the Head of Compliance of Derivatives Exchange recommending appropriate disciplinary action.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business , Finance, Commerce or any other related field; and
- Professional qualification (Chartered Accountancy, CPA or equivalent)
- Membership to relevant professional body is an added advantage
- Minimum of six (6) years relevant experience, 2 of the years to have been in a Management level in the capital markets sector dealing with Derivatives markets licensing and inspections
Key Skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- Experience must include audit & compliance;
- Keen to learn a new line of business;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Product suite is a must.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook Express including financial and statistical packages;
- High level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity;
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships;
- Ability to treat individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender differences;
- Ability to develop and implement performance management systems, giving candid performance feedback, rewarding desirable behaviours and providing support to professional development efforts linked to Derivatives market risk management;
- Ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas and to transfer knowledge and skills; and
- Ability to deliver results and to manage change.
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the specifications outlined, please send your application, quoting the reference of the position you are interested in, including your current curriculum vitae, copies of your certificates and other testimonials, salary history, three referees (one of who must be either your current or previous employer), day telephone number, e-mail address and details of your current salary and benefits to: The Chief Executive, Capital Markets Authority P. O Box 74800 – 00200,
Applications should be received on or before 11th September 2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
“Capital Markets Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.