The Capital Markets Authority is a statutory agency charged with the responsibility of regulating and developing an efficient capital market in Kenya.
The Authority invites applications from dynamic, goal – oriented, high performers, with strong problem – solving skills, for the following position:
Head Price & Market Surveillance – Derivatives Unit
Reporting to the Manager, Derivatives Unit, the successful candidate will be responsible for;
- Identifying incidents of market manipulation, investigating complaints of the Derivatives Exchange and monitoring and surveillance of trades in Derivatives contracts;
- Monitoring and Surveillance of trades in Derivatives contracts
- Undertaking price/volume analysis and the basis relationship;
- Monitoring daily settlement of trades and collection of variation margin data;
- Interacting and liaising closely with the Head of Clearing & Settlements or similar functions of Derivatives Exchanges to monitor clearing and settlement of Derivative contracts;
- Identifying incidents of market abuse and referring the same to the Unit’s Head of Licensing, Inspection, Audit & Compliance for further action;
- Investigating complaints specific to trade /margins /settlement of specific nature, having direct bearing on current trades at the Derivative Exchange; and
- Referring specific findings to the Enforcement Department for action.
- Performing other duties as assigned from time to time
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Information Technology or relevant field
- Proficiency in risk management a definite advantage.
- Minimum of six (6) years relevant experience in the capital markets sector with at least 2 years’ experience in conducting surveillance on Derivatives market platforms
Key Skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- Appropriate work experience in market/product research to ascertain consumer behavior in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) environment;
- Strong presentation and communication skills including ability to generate and interpret Derivatives trading and settlement surveillance reports;
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook express including financial and statistical packages;
- High level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity;
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships;
- Ability to treat individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender differences;
- Ability to develop and implement performance management systems, giving candid performance feedback, rewarding desirable behaviours and providing support to professional development efforts linked to strategic objectives;
- Ability to empower surveillance staff by removing obstacles hindering effective price and market surveillance and delivering what is promised, on time and within budget;
- Ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas and to transfer knowledge and skills; and
- Ability to deliver results and to manage change
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the specifications outlined, please send your application, quoting the reference of the position you are interested in, including your current curriculum vitae, copies of your certificates and other testimonials, salary history, three referees (one of who must be either your current or previous employer), day telephone number, e-mail address and details of your current salary and benefits to: The Chief Executive, Capital Markets Authority P. O Box 74800 – 00200,
Applications should be received on or before 11th September 2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
“Capital Markets Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.