The Capital Markets Authority is a statutory agency charged with the responsibility of regulating and developing an efficient capital market in Kenya.
The Authority invites applications from dynamic, goal – oriented, high performers, with strong problem – solving skills, for the following position:
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Internal Audit, and the selected candidate will be responsible for;
- Conduct audits on operational procedures, systems, policies and records to ensure conformity with laws, regulations and policies and consistency with the Authority’s established objectives and goals in accordance with the annual internal audit work plan.
- Develop audit programs and review procedures relevant to audit objectives;
- Document audit work papers and findings in accordance with accepted auditing standards;
- Obtain and review audit evidence and ensure that the audit conclusions reached are supported by appropriate and relevant audit evidence.
- Draft audit reports for assignments undertaken identifying observations made and providing recommendations for their resolution.
- Following up on the implementation of internal audit report recommendations for assignments undertaken and ensure implementation of agreed corrective actions;
- Assisting in the planning and execution of any special audit investigation or forensic audit as may be called upon.
- Assisting in the preparation of board papers for meetings of the Audit, Corporate Governance and Risk Management Committee of the board.
- Undertaking any other responsibilities as and when assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a Business, Finance or related field
- A Professional qualifications in either CPA(K) , ACCA, CIA or CISA
- A minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience in a reputable organisation.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong analytical skills
- Initiative and self-drive for high quality performance;
- Problem solving skills
- Report writing skills
- Experience on use an appropriate Audit Management Software
- High level of creativity with strong presentation and communication skills;
- Advanced experience in using MS Product Suites and statistical packages;
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity;
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships; and
- Ability to treat individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender differences.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines as well as work with minimal supervision
- Team player disposition
- Organization and analytical skills
- Unquestionable Ethics, Integrity and Professionalism
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the specifications outlined, please send your application, quoting the reference of the position you are interested in, including your current curriculum vitae, copies of your certificates and other testimonials, salary history, three referees (one of who must be either your current or previous employer), day telephone number, e-mail address and details of your current salary and benefits to: The Chief Executive, Capital Markets Authority P. O Box 74800 – 00200,
Applications should be received on or before 11th September 2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
“Capital Markets Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.