The Capital Markets Authority is a statutory agency charged with the responsibility of regulating and developing an efficient capital market in Kenya.
The Authority invites applications from dynamic, goal – oriented, high performers, with strong problem – solving skills, for the following position:
Manager, Investigations and Enforcement
Reporting to Director Market Operations, the selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Designing, documenting, implementing and evaluating effective Investigation and Enforcement policies, and procedures
- Developing and implementing long term strategies and objectives of the Investigations & Enforcement Department
- Coordinate investigations at the Authority
- Reviewing reports on incidents of violations, market malpractices and fraudulent operations and recommend appropriate enforcement action in line with CMA requirements
- Regularly preparing reports in relation departmental progress
- Develop and supervise staff in the department
- Implementing Risk management activities and measures
- Undertake any other responsibilities as and when assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Law, Finance, Economics or any other related field
- If a lawyer, must be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya, hold a current practising certificate with a professional qualification.
- Otherwise possess professional qualification such as CFE or related and be a member of the relevant professional body
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in a regulatory environment and demonstrated leadership
Key skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- Strong understanding of investigations and enforcement of capital markets operations as well as financial sector operations
- Strong understanding of the Kenyan legislative system.
- High level of creativity with strong presentation and communication skills;
- Advanced experience in using MS Product Suites;
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity;
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships; and
- Ability to treat individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender differences.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines as well as work with minimal supervision
- Team player disposition
- Organization and analytical skills
- Efficiency and objectivity in reviewing investigations and enforcement reports
- Unquestionable Ethics, Integrity and Professionalism
- Ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas and to transfer knowledge and skills;
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the specifications outlined, please send your application, quoting the reference of the position you are interested in, including your current curriculum vitae, copies of your certificates and other testimonials, salary history, three referees (one of who must be either your current or previous employer), day telephone number, e-mail address and details of your current salary and benefits to: The Chief Executive, Capital Markets Authority P. O Box 74800 – 00200,
Applications should be received on or before 11th September 2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
“Capital Markets Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.