The Capital Markets Authority is a statutory agency charged with the responsibility of regulating and developing an efficient capital market in Kenya.
The Authority invites applications from dynamic, goal – oriented, high performers, with strong problem – solving skills, for the following position:
Product Development Officer
Re – Advertisement
Reporting to the Assistant Manager Market Development, the Product Development Officer is responsible for:
- Conceptualizing , researching and engaging stakeholders on the development of new capital markets products, revamping existing products and managing product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities;
- Providing technical and logistical support to the Market Development Department on capital markets product research, design, launch, monitoring and evaluation;
- Conducting gap analysis and providing advisories to senior management on emerging evolving global trends on capital markets products and services;
- Supporting effective implementation or operationalisation of internal and collaborative research recommendations on capital markets products and services;
- Developing and implementing policies, procedures, methodologies and quality standards for introducing new products and services into the capital markets; and
- Analysing and recommending potential partner relationships for product development.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or any other related field;
- At least two (2) years demonstrable experience in product development and management in a Product Development Department/Section in a financial markets intermediary, financial institution or financial markets regulator.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- Natural flair for innovative ideas that can be translated into new products and services;
- Ability to analyze capital markets and economic statistical data to project market trends and consequent products and services demand;
- Knowledge of International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO principles and local regulatory framework in relation to product and services development;
- Excellent understanding of vanilla and structured capital markets products and their benefits to issuers and investors;
- High level of creativity with strong presentation and communication skills;
- Advanced experience in using MS Product Suites and statistical packages;
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity;
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships; and
- Ability to treat individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender differences.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines as well as work with minimal supervision
- Team player disposition
- Organization and analytical skills
- Unquestionable Ethics, Integrity and Professionalism
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the specifications outlined, please send your application, quoting the reference of the position you are interested in, including your current curriculum vitae, copies of your certificates and other testimonials, salary history, three referees (one of who must be either your current or previous employer), day telephone number, e-mail address and details of your current salary and benefits to: The Chief Executive, Capital Markets Authority P. O Box 74800 – 00200,
Applications should be received on or before 11th September 2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
“Capital Markets Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply”