The Capital Markets Authority is a statutory agency charged with the responsibility of regulating and developing an efficient capital market in Kenya.
The Authority invites applications from dynamic, goal – oriented, high performers, with strong problem – solving skills, for the following position:
Risk Analysis Officer
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Risk Analysis & Compliance the selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Assessing the governance and financial strengths of market participants and infrastructure providers to determine levels of risk exposure
- Analyzing the risks inherent in the products offered by market participants across all asset classes including new complex derivative transactions
- Participating in evaluating potential risks to market and systemic stability arising from newly introduced products and business lines in the market.
- Participating in business relationship management by covering specific portfolio of intermediaries and or infrastructure providers with a responsibility for maintaining a close relationship with and deep understanding of assigned firms in order to identify business developments that could potentially impact firm’s risk profile
- Evaluating and sharing information for a thorough assessment of the overall business environment and internal control factors of intermediaries’ and infrastructure providers and developing trend analyses.
- Reviewing of business practices, changes in key personnel, changes in nature of service/products offered by market participants to identify key risks
- Preparing bi-annual risk profiling reports highlighting intermediaries risk profiles to inform proper allocation of regulatory resources
- Maintaining a comprehensive risk database that includes the profiles of the various intermediaries and infrastructure providers with highlights of key vulnerabilities and appropriate recommendations
- Visiting intermediaries to evaluate their risk management processes and advise on ways of improvement
- Circulation of risk and corporate governance questionnaires to market participants and review self-assessment reports from market participants
- Organizing workshops to sensitize market participants on key risks identified in the market and mitigation measures
- Undertaking any other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Actuarial Science, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related field
- Any relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrable Two (2) years relevant experience in a similar position in a reputable organisation.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- Pro-active and self-driven person with a great eye for detail, strong analytical skills and a strong desire to critically evaluate capital markets operations and risks
- Strong quantitative and technology training
- Presentation and communication skills including ability to write reports;
- High level of creativity with strong presentation and communication skills;
- Advanced experience in using MS Product Suites and statistical packages;
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity;
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships; and
- Ability to treat individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender differences.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines as well as work with minimal supervision
- Team player disposition
- Organization and analytical skills
- Unquestionable Ethics, Integrity and Professionalism
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the specifications outlined, please send your application, quoting the reference of the position you are interested in, including your current curriculum vitae, copies of your certificates and other testimonials, salary history, three referees (one of who must be either your current or previous employer), day telephone number, e-mail address and details of your current salary and benefits to: The Chief Executive, Capital Markets Authority P. O Box 74800 – 00200,
Applications should be received on or before 11th September 2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
“Capital Markets Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.