The Capital Markets Authority is a statutory agency charged with the responsibility of regulating and developing an efficient capital market in Kenya.
The Authority invites applications from dynamic, goal – oriented, high performers, with strong problem – solving skills, for the following position:
Senior Human Resource Officer – Training & Development
Reporting to the Manager Human Capital and Administration, the selected candidate will be:
- Coordinating change management initiatives across the Authority to help deliver on key strategic needs across the directorates / departments.
- Champion implementation of e-learning delivery in the Authority including liaising with infrastructure and content providers.
- Consolidating suggested annual training needs, evaluating them against desired competencies and developing a strategically appropriate annual training plan and overseeing its implementation.
- Justifying annual training budget by demonstrating received/potential return on investment.
- Working closely with Director Corporate Services and Manager Human Capital and Administration ensure effective implementation of management trainees program.
- Coordinating strategic Human Capital development and targeted training initiatives
- Ensuring adequate knowledge management of lessons and experiences from training and tracking adoption into the work environment
- Assisting in development of baseline trainings required at different levels of the organisation
- Driving the culture of costs versus sustainable benefits analysis through aggressive evaluation of training plans and courses undertaken to determine return on investment and effectiveness in line with targeted business needs.
- Coordinating the day to day operations of the Training and Development Function; liaising with Heads of departments and staff in identification of training needs in line with the strategic plan, performance management system and emerging business needs including monitoring submission of training reports, evaluations and other relevant documents by staff after training,
- Implementing the internship programme in liaison with directorates and departments as per the laid down policy
- Implementing the staff induction programme in line with the policy.
- Liaising with external training providers on training arrangements and organizing in house trainings as required.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelors Degree in business, social studies or a technical field backed by with a
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Membership to a professional body
- 4 years’ experience in Human Resources services with hands on exposure in actual implementation of change management, training and development programmes in a reputable organization. Experience in e-learning delivery will be a strong advantage
Key Skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- Knowledge of relevant policies and procedures.
- Planning skills, communication skills (written and oral), and ability to be flexible and responsive to changing dynamics
- High level of creativity with strong presentation and communication skills;
- Advanced experience in using MS Product Suites;
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity;
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships; and
- Ability to treat individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender differences.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines as well as work with minimal supervision
- Team player disposition
- Organization and analytical skills
- Unquestionable Ethics, Integrity and Professionalism
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the specifications outlined, please send your application, quoting the reference of the position you are interested in, including your current curriculum vitae, copies of your certificates and other testimonials, salary history, three referees (one of who must be either your current or previous employer), day telephone number, e-mail address and details of your current salary and benefits to: The Chief Executive, Capital Markets Authority P. O Box 74800 – 00200,
Applications should be received on or before 11th September 2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
“Capital Markets Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.