The Capital Markets Authority is a statutory agency charged with the responsibility of regulating and developing an efficient capital market in Kenya.
The Authority invites applications from dynamic, goal – oriented, high performers, with strong problem – solving skills, for the following position:
Strategic Projects Manager
Reporting to the Chief Executive and facilitating Senior Management, the selected candidate will serve as the primary focal point for coordinating, monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of the Authority’s key organizational initiatives being carried out as strategic projects.
The Manager, Strategic Projects will also support the Chief Executive in the coordination of sectoral, national, regional and international engagements and stakeholders in support of and complementary to the strategic delivery of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of strategic projects by core functions and department of the Authority including but not limited design and introduction of new products and services, driving organizational change and efficiency and troubleshooting and launch of initiatives to improve service delivery internally and/or in the capital markets subsector in areas of regulation and market development ;
- Evaluate existing and develop appropriate tools and techniques to be used by the Authority to manage, monitor and evaluate strategic projects to ensure that they are delivering the projected benefits and features and functioning consistently within the organization’s strategic goals;
- Supporting Senior Management and owners of strategic projects to implement appropriate techniques and tools to ensure timely and impactful implementation including supporting negotiation of changes in project resources as necessary to achieve objectives and timelines ;
- Develop organization wide monitoring and evaluation tools to ensure projects are proceeding according to timelines, meeting quality & cost targets and expectations and adhering to established operating parameters;
- Preparing presentations, briefing papers and pertinent background materials and summaries for discussion in respect of cross cutting projects and initiatives;
- Develop and oversee work-plans and budget for the Office of the Chief Executive;
- Support Senior Management in the identification and development of new sources of income and tracking funding proposals for the Office of the Chief Executive and Authority’s strategic projects teams for raising funds to supplement the Authority’s other revenue bases;
- Support the Office of the Chief Executive with the coordination of engagement with and responses to strategic partners of the Authority including regional and international member organizations;
- Prepare annual, half yearly, quarterly and continuous reports to Senior Management on the status of implementation of the Authority’s strategic projects;
- Carrying out any other duties as assigned by the Chief executive, including working closely with the Directorates within the Authority.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Social Sciences, Project Management or equivalent
- Project portfolio management; resource portfolio management; project management mentoring and project management tool development and assessment qualifications are a definite advantage
- Minimum of seven (7) years relevant experience, three (3) years of which has been in senior management, in project management and related functional areas, with an ability to carry forward ideas and monitor implementation of projects from conception to execution and conclusion
Key Skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- Understanding of the Kenyan Capital Markets Master Plan and knowledge of financial sector flagship projects under the Kenya Vision 2030 economic blueprint is a key advantage;
- Track record of taking initiative in managing competing organizational and Directorate/departmental priorities and working under pressure;
- Track record of thinking conceptually, mastering complex matters quickly and conveying such concepts in a clear, concise and logical manner;
- Superior critical analytical skills with capacity to identify and appropriately assess and prioritize competing interest amongst different projects;
- Exceptional research and communication skills with focus on report writing for decision making;
- Proficiency in Project management applications;
- Ability to work effectively in a team as well as work with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to work with counterparts at different level of seniority with tact and discretion
- Excellent organization and planning skills;
- High level of creativity with strong presentation and communication skills;
- Advanced experience in using MS Product Suites and statistical packages;
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity;
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships; and
- Ability to treat individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender differences.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines as well as work with minimal supervision
- Unquestionable Ethics, Integrity and Professionalism
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the specifications outlined, please send your application, quoting the reference of the position you are interested in, including your current curriculum vitae, copies of your certificates and other testimonials, salary history, three referees (one of who must be either your current or previous employer), day telephone number, e-mail address and details of your current salary and benefits to: The Chief Executive, Capital Markets Authority P. O Box 74800 – 00200,
Applications should be received on or before 11th September 2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
“Capital Markets Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.