Legal Affairs & Secretary Internship at the Capital Markets Authority.
The Capital Markets Authority is a statutory agency charged with the responsibility of regulating and developing an efficient capital market in Kenya. The Authority invites applications for the following position:
The position is responsible for providing support in the Legal Affairs and Corporation Secretary under the guidance of the two Legal officers in the department.
Reports to: Legal Officers-Contracts & Advisory & Litigation
Internship Period: Three (3) Months (Non-renewable)
Responsibilities for the Legal Affairs & Secretary Internship
- Assist in conducting research and preparing legal briefs and opinions
- Assist in drafting court documents and effecting service upon parties
- Assist in maintaining proper records in respect of court files and contracts and legal opinions
- Attending court to follow proceedings and thereafter to prepare relevant updates
- Updating the register of judicial precedents on Capital markets
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for the Legal Affairs & Secretary Internship
- A continuing student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Law or Kenya School of Law student
- Computer skills
- Personal integrity
- Communication Skills (Written and oral)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to Detail and Accuracy
- Problem Solving Skills
How To Apply
Click here to Apply. Applications should be received on or before April 13, 2017.
Note: Please upload a CV and one-page Cover Letter only at this stage. No certificates or other testimonials will be required until interview stage. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
“Capital Markets Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.