Assistant Human Resource Officer Jobs at Care International, Kenya
Department/Project: Human Resource/RAP
- Reporting to the Human Resource Officer, the Assistant HR Officer is responsible for management of the filing system and ensuring that all personnel files have updated employee documents in their files in line with the organization’s policies. S/he will be responsible for coordinating refugee community workers (RCW) recruitment and provide administrative support to the human resource office.
Assistant HR Officer Job Responsibilities & Tasks in Kenya
- Open new personal files for each new staff.
- Ensure that all personnel files have all documents as per the checklist.
- Organize the employee personnel files into sections for easy retrieval of documents.
- Ensure HR cabinets are lockable and are safe to keep HR personal files.
- Ensure proper office records are maintained.
- File all documents in the HR office in the relevant files.
- Organize the filing system by ensuring that all files are labeled, and old files are archived.
Coordinate Recruitment & Selection processes of Refugee Community Workers
- Receive RCW’s vacancy announcements form sectors, verify them and sign.
- Peruse the selection interview minutes of RCW’s and ensure their accuracy.
- Verify the RCW Agreements and confirm that all data required (i.e. name, sector, job title, camp, wage rate, gender, age, individual/alien card no, agreement start and end date) are clearly indicated.
- Complete the RCW recruitment tracking template in the shared HR folder.
- Prepare RCW’s payroll list on monthly basis and share the information with finance on time for preparation of payrolls.
- Prepare purchase requisitions in consultation with HR Officer.
- Responsible for the receipt of stationeries and control of the same for the HR unit.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing mails for HR office.
Prepare Staff Establishment reports
- Prepare and update monthly staff contact lists ensuring new staff are included and separating staff deleted from the list.
- Submit the updated monthly contact list to Nairobi office as required.
- Prepare daily staff headcount report using information from staff movement, road convoy, flight manifest and staff headcounts.
- Update staff list with missing payroll numbers.
- Propose and advise on new and better ways of presenting establishment reports.
Medical cover focal point at RAP
- Liaise with HR focal point in Nairobi to ensure staff and their dependents receive their medical cards.
- Check records submitted by new employees for self and dependents to ensure they are correct as per CARE HR manual provisions for medical cover.
- Check medical claims forms and receipts submitted for reimbursement and forward them to the point person in Nairobi HR Office for appropriate action.
- Receive employee medical claims, verify and forward to Nairobi office for processing.
- Make follow up on the medical claims forwarded to Nairobi and give feedback to employees on the status of their claims.
Supervision of Refugee Community Workers under HR unit
- Take lead in the recruitment of the refugee community workers under HR unit.
- Couch and mentor the workers for work assignments in HR unit
- Assign them tasks as appropriate and supervise to ensure completion.
- Manage their leaves and contracts.
Qualifications & Experience for Assistant HR Officer Jobs in Kenya
- Education: Higher diploma in Human Resource (preferably from IHRM institute).
- A bachelor’s degree in HR Management will be an added advantage
- Experience: One year work experience in a busy work environment
- Certificate: IHRM certification
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft office suite
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and complete work under tight deadlines.
- Must be highly organized
- Good inter-personal skills; possess the ability to interact with all levels of staff as well as both internal and external clients.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and establish and maintain collaborative relationships with project partners and staff.
- Analytical skills and problem solving skills
If you feel you meet the requirements for this position, send your application letter indicating the reference number, title of the position along with an updated CV with email and telephone contacts of three professional referees to:
How to Apply
The Human Resources & Development Manager, CARE International in Kenya, Email: [email protected] to be received not later than 19th February , 2016. Kindly do not attach any certificates/scanned documents to your application