CARE International in Kenya is looking for well organized and highly motivated Kenyan Nationals who are result-oriented to fill the following position:
EDUCATION OFFICER – REF: EO/03/2017 –BASED IN DADAAB (1 POSITION); RE-ADVERTISEMENT.
Reporting to the Education Coordinator, the Quality Assurance and Standards Officer will be responsible for the design, planning and monitoring of all Education programs, and contribute to the overall programmatic and methodological development of education activities in Dadaab, plan the syllabus and implementation program for refugee teacher capacity building program within the camp and establish maintain contacts and build a working relationship with program managers, other implementing partners and the local ministry of education officials in promoting refugee education activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
R1: Ensure compliance to monitoring & evaluation systems and tools in education as per Ministry of Education and existing strategic plans
- Acquaint self with existing monitoring and reporting tools for the project outputs, suggest modifications and develop new tools if necessary
- Examine the specific outputs of the main project components to be monitored and evaluated ensure they are achieved
- Monitor and track project progress as per goals and objectives set our education documents.
- Promote capacity building and training of education staff on monitoring and evaluation of quality and data collection and analysis
R2: Primary Curriculum implementation and evaluation
- Work together with Assistant Education officers so as to monitor teachers’ work and advice appropriately.
- Do spot check on syllabus coverage so as to advice appropriately
- Check on the working instruments of all teachers
- Analyze examination results and strategize on improvement.
- Assess teaching visuals and learning material.
R3: Participate and contribute in Education Sectors Program Development
- Help in designing and development of education sector strategic plan
- Take part in development of project proposals and fundraising initiatives
- Contribute in the development of annual work plans and measurable performance indicators.
- Review donor progress reports to ensure they conform to set goals and objectives and share corrections with colleagues within the sector.
R4: Supervise education staff
- Lead recruitment of teachers and other education staff
- Supervise Assistant Education officer, head teachers, ECDE centre leaders and Kenyan teachers
- Support in development of individual operation plans, regular review of job performance and lead annual performance appraisals of Kenyan teachers
- Ensure that teachers and staff are equitably distributed across all schools
- Ensure correct recruitment and placement of teachers and staff is done
- Identify teachers’ needs for training, recommend teachers and staff for trainings based on their needs.
R5: Contribute in the writing of project/program reports.
- Enhance the programmatic and communication linkage between sectors
- Coordinate development of donor reports and ensure the reports are in line with the agreed upon indicators before submission to program development unit.
Supervision: Kenyan teachers, Assistant Education Officer, head teachers and ECDE centre leaders
VI: QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Education.
Experience: At least 3 years of relevant work experience in active management of large basic education facilities at management level. Experience in quality assurance and standards is an advantage
Certificate: Guidance and counseling
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong commitment and self-drive
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Computer literate in MS word and Excel.
How to Apply
If you feel you meet the requirements for this job, send your application letter indicating the reference number, title of the position along with an updated CV with email and telephone contacts of three professional referees to: The Human Resources & Development Manager, CARE International in Kenya, Email: [email protected] not later than 16th April 2017.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Those applicants who previously applied need not apply again.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
CARE International in Kenya does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. (Application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees)
Qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.