CARE International in Kenya is looking for an individual who is result oriented to fill the following position:
Job Title: Stores Administration Assistant – Proctor & Gamble Rural Sales Project
Department / Project: Proctor & Gamble Rural Sales Project Supervisor: Project Manager P&G Rural Sales Project (With Technical Supervision by Finance Manager)
Location / Duty Station: Rakwaro
Job Summary & Purpose: The position also has overall responsibilities in providing oversight on the management of P&G Rural Sales Project warehouse where the P&G stocks will be stored prior to sales activities. The position will also administer the maintenance of Hub warehouse facility.
Tasks and Responsibilities.
R 1: Management of Inventory
- Raise the requisition including support documents of items as required from the distributor and submit to Project Manager for P&G Rural Sales project for the procurement of items.
- Receive the goods once delivered to the Hub and generate a Goods Received Note and update QuickBooks with details of items received.
- Proper keeping, arrangement and maintenance of goods in the store
- Maintain appropriate re-order levels to avoid stock outs
- Receive orders and payment evidence from Franchisees for items that they intend to buy from the Hub warehouse.
- Based on the types of items and quantities on the Order Form and the unit selling prices of each item, confirm that funds are banked and that amount banked agrees with the tabulated value of the order.
- Issue goods to Franchisees as ordered and record sales in QuickBooks.
- Issue receipt acknowledging receipt of funds banked by the Franchisee. Issue original copy of the receipt to Franchisee, attach one copy of the receipt to the Order Form and evidence of payment
- Record in Quick Books the inventory released from the stores associated with sales as well as inventory purchased and stocked in the Hub warehouse.
- Receive and record in Quick Books the expenditure and other financial transactions processed for and on behalf of the Hub by either Kisumu or Nairobi Offices.
- Submit copies of Sales and other inventory reports to Kisumu Office for recording into SCALA financial system.
- Track the sales and stock made per Franchisee, generate and share various reports on a monthly basis like:
- Sales per Franchisee
- Inventory Status Report
- Profit & Loss statement…
- Generate weekly cash book status report and submit to Nairobi Office for monitoring.
R 2: Oversight management of the warehouse where P&G stocks will be stored
- Run weekly inventory status report and verify against physical inventory in the warehouse. Provide the verification report to the Project Manager for P&G Rural Sales Project.
- On a weekly basis, reconcile the information recorded in the inventory bin cards against the weekly inventory status report. Provide the reconciliation report to the Project Manager for P&G Rural Sales Project.
R 3: Office administration
- Ensure that the warehouse and office areas are cleaned and maintained in a neat order.
- Ensure the warehouse and office area are secured at all times and only accessed by authorized persons.
- Administrate the use of Petty Cash allocated for petty expenses related to the Warehouse hub activities in line with CARE Kenya’s Petty Cash Policy.
- Raise Purchase Request for the office supplies and submit to Project Manager for P&G Rural Sales Project to facilitate procurement from either Kisumu or Nairobi Office.
Other administration responsibilities
Spending Authority: None
Decision Making: Within normal limits to facilitate proper record keeping and running of the Hub warehouse
Contacts / Key Relationships (Internal & External):
- Project Manager for P&G Rural Sales Project.
- Country Office Finance Manager.
- Kisumu Finance Officer
- Working Conditions: The position will be based in RakwaroQualifications:
- Education: Degree in Business Administration, Economics or related field
- Experience: or Entry level Graduate will be considered
Certificate: Certified Public Accountant – CPA (K)
- Proficiency in Micro Soft Office application packages
- Should be well skilled in communicating.
- Knowledge and experience in Quick books will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are invited to send their application letters indicating the reference number, title of the position along with an updated CV and email & telephone contacts of three professional referees to;
The Human Resources & Development Manager,
CARE International in Kenya,
email: [email protected]
so as to be received not later than 14th August, 2015.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.CARE is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.CARE International in Kenya does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
(Application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).