Other Possible Locations: KITUI OR EASTERN KENYA
Expected Travel: up to 30%
Language Requirement: Employee Duration: Active Full-Time
Type of Post: Accompanied – Family
Funding: THIS POSITION IS PENDING DONOR APPROVAL
Type of Contract: Local
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2015, CARE worked in 95 countries and reached 65 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
CARE seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for an anticipated USAID-funded project ‘Family Planning/ Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health in Eastern Counties of Kenya.’ This procurement is expected to be a five-year cooperative agreement in the $10-$25-million USD range; it is expected to be released in February 2017 and awarded in July 2017.
This position is subject to project award and funding. The position is expected to be based in Kitui or Eastern Kenya.
This position will be employed on a local contract.
- Lead the design and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation framework and information system to track delivery against outputs, outcomes and impacts.
- Lead analysis of data collected for assessment of progress and areas of improvement.
- Guide reporting processes amongst technical staff and consolidate program reports, promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learnt.
- Support all the technical staff in M&E functions and manage the M&E team.
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline, such as mathematics, business, statistics, epidemiology or public health.
- Minimum of seven years of experience designing and implementing M&E activities for complex programs in developing countries.
- Demonstrated firm command of the M&E issues with respect to improvements in quality health service and support programs.
- Demonstrated experience in setting up and managing M&E systems that track performance as per the objectives of this project (e.g., FP/RMNCAH services, performance against each funding stream).
- Demonstrated analytical skills to measure the outcomes of the project’s activities and support project supervision.
- Strong writing and organizational skills for monitoring and reporting on program outcomes
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English; excellent demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel within project areas as required.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here