|At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2015, CARE worked in 95 countries and reached 65 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
CARE seeks a Finance Manager for an anticipated USAID-funded project “Family Planning/ Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health in Eastern Counties of Kenya.” This procurement is expected to be a five-year cooperative agreement in the $10-$25-million USD range; it is expected to be released in February 2017 and awarded in July 2017.
This position is subject to project award and funding. The position is expected to be based in Kitui or Eastern Kenya.
This position will be employed on a local contract.
- Oversee all aspects of financial management, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting for both the prime recipient and any subawards.
- Ensure that the project’s financial accounting environment is in compliance with USAID and CARE’s policies, procedures and regulations and legal requirements.
- Ensure the overall accuracy of financial information recorded in the project and reflected on the project’s trial balance and other financial reports submitted to the Country Program, CARE USA and USAID.
- Oversee the development and implementation of robust local financial system and process (e.g., payroll and cash management) as appropriate.
- Oversee the execution and timely posting of all financial transactions
- Proactively develop financial forecast analysis to assist in areas such as management of currency risk and cost allocation rates.
- Oversee monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual analysis of the project’s trial balance and financial reports.
- Lead the process of analysis and interpretation of financial reports to ensure that accurate financial data is provided to COP and DCOP to inform decision making
- Post-graduate degree in a Business, Accounting, Finance or related field relevant to the position requirements.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in financial management for large complex projects, of which at least five years were working in the field of international development.
- Experience with USAID project accounting and reporting requirements and experience in creating, utilizing, and managing systems and staff that ensure compliance with those requirements.
- Experience in budget monitoring and managing financial reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated success in achieving results under challenging implementation circumstances.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; excellent demonstrated interpersonal, analytical, and negotiation skills.
- Experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff and teams.
- Ability to travel within project areas as required.
Click here to apply