CARE seeks a Finance and Operations Manager to be based in Kenya for an anticipated five-year USAID – funded project to assist the needs of orphans and vulnerable children (OVCs).
This position is subject to project award and funding.
- Oversee day-to-day operations and financial management of the project.
- Collaborate closely with the Chief of Party, CARE’s Country Director, and other senior project staff to ensure compliance with USAID requirements in all financial, administrative, and other operational areas.
- Collaborate with program leads to identify resources that help the program meet its goals, deliverables, and milestones.
- Contribute to the development of annual work plans and translate the work plan to line items in order to develop annual and project budgets.
- Coordinate input for the annual budgeting process with the Chief of Party and partners.
- Develop budgets, and budget forecasts, and monitor budgets on an on-going basis.
- Monitor expenses against the program budget, and provide precise, detailed, reports during project start-up and throughout implementation and close-out.
- Manage all aspects of procurement, from planning to purchasing, in compliance with CARE’s policies and standards.
- Review periodic financial and operations reports with the Chief of Party, Country Director, and other program leads.
- Take the lead on addressing any issues that might impact the program achieving its goals.
- Ensure compliance with all USAID regulations and CARE policies, practices, and regulations.
- Advise project staff on donor requirements; provide training on financial management, recordkeeping, operational systems, and policies as needed.
- Analyze project expenses, including partner financial reports, on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Coordinate with partner organizations to ensure consistent, effective, and efficient use of project resources.
- Monitor financial performance and progress toward objectives.
- Provide information, advice and technical assistance to partners and sub awardees on project related compliance issues such as financial reporting requirements, audit reports, procurement, and award monitoring.
- Review and audit sub awardees’ reports, budgets, expenses and proposals to ensure compliance with award terms and USAID regulations and maintenance of accurate financial records.
- Ensure preparation and submission of complete and accurate financial reports and cash requests to CARE and USAID.
- Maintain effective linkages between technical components and finance and administrative functions within the project.
- Prepare all required documentation for accounting and audits.
- Supervise and mentor project operations and finance staff.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, or equivalent degree/s in finance, accounting, commerce, or closely related field.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience managing financial, accounting, and operations functions for large, multi-faceted USAID projects
- Experience with USAID project accounting requirements and experience in creating, utilizing, and managing systems and staff that ensure compliance with those requirements.
- Experience in budget monitoring and managing financial reporting requirements.
- Minimum of four years of progressively responsible supervisory experience, including direct supervision and mentoring of a team of operations and financial staff.
- Balance of strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated success in achieving results under challenging implementation circumstances.
- Willingness to travel in project areas.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online Closing Date: 22 Sep 2016