Procurement and Disposal Assistant
Job Title: Procurement and Disposal Assistant
Organisation: Law Development Centre (LDC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Procurement and Disposal Officer
The LDC has a mandate to provide legal education to lawyers and non-lawyers, undertake research in topical legal issues, contribute to legal reform, produce legal publications, teaching materials, law reports and also provide community legal services.
Job Summary: The Procurement and Disposal Assistant will provide support in the planning, reviewing, monitoring and reporting on procurement transactions in accordance with PPDA Act, regulations and guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile and compute all procurement requirements from line departments.
- Handle suppliers ‘correspondences about the procurement procedures and updates.
- Work closely with the suppliers and other stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of goods and services as per contract agreements.
- Ensure timely payments to suppliers by liaising with the relevant departments.
- Advertise tenders, receive and register bids.
- The incumbent will attend to inquiries and notify bidders of the outcome of the bidding process.
- Establish, maintain and update procurement filling system, records and supplier database.
- Report to the Procurement and Disposal Officer and submit periodic reports of assigned and delegated duties.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Procurement and Disposal Officer or Director.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a diploma in Procurement and Supply Management from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a related field.
- Impeccable integrity.
- Computer literacy skills
- Good Information Communications Technology skills
- High degree of ethics
- Concern for quality and standards
- Excellent communication and time management skills
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications addressed to The Secretary, Law Development Center, P.O. Box 7117 Kampala either via post or hand delivery to the Law Development Centre Reception. The applicants should attach up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of academic and other relevant documents and indicate names and contacts of three (3) referees, two professional and one character.
Deadline: 27th May, 2016 by 5.00pm