Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the successful candidate will be charged with the responsibility of establishing and driving Bancassurance as a business line. In addition, the role holder will spearhead the growth of Bancassurance business across the Bank channels through supporting delivery channels, develop operating standards and grow revenues for this line of business.
Bancassurance Jobs Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Drive growth in Bancassurance business across and outside the bank channels.
- Prospect and market various insurance products to prospective clients and advice customers on the adequacy of cover requested for in relation to the policies available.
- Oversee the operational aspects of Bancassurance business at the branch i.e. underwriting, claims, finance and customer service as well as preparation of quotations, negotiating terms for customers and closing sales.
- Ensure all collaterals and assets that have the Bank interest are properly and comprehensively insured and the Bank’s interest properly noted.
- Ensure that the Bank, customers and staff insurable assets insured under the Branch are renewed on time and that the premium is paid up.
- Carry out market research and provide customer feedback to our Head office Bancassurance team for the development of new products and enhancement of existing ones to suite the various market segments.
- Ensure that all queries on technical insurance issues from customers and branch staff are addressed promptly while providing technical guidance.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and internal procedures regarding Bancassurance business.
- Champion insurance training and sensitization of staff and customers on insurance products.
- Ensure timely submission of claim documents and continuously update clients whose claims are being processed on progress of their claims.
- Any other duties assigned by their Supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience for the Bancassurance Jobs
- University Degree preferably in an Insurance, Actuarial or Business field from a recognized University with at least two years working experience in Bancassurance/Insurance industry.
- Professional qualification in Insurance or good progress in ACII or AIIK Diploma.
- Must be a holder of COP from College of Insurance.
- 2 Years Insurance marketing and/or underwriting experience.
- Exposure to Insurance products in the bank set-up with knowledge of the Bank’s set standards, policies and the operating manual.
- Excellent communicator with ability to work effectively in a diversified set up and in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Proven ability to respond quickly, independently and appropriately to competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Knowledgeable in compiling data and preparing a variety of reports as well as ability to verify the accuracy of documents
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their application with a detailed CV, quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to: [email protected] Closing date for application is 9th December 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.