Category Manager Location:
Our client, Carrefour is one of the largest French hypermarket chains in the world with 1,452 hypermarkets at the end of 2011 and more than 21,000 employees from more than 68 nationalities.
Carrefour is venturing into the Kenyan market and seeking to recruit a high caliber, results-oriented and self-driven Category Manager.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience in a similar role and be responsible for the following key responsibilities.
- Daily presence on Wakulima market (and other wholesale markets) to focus and insure opportunity purchases
- Competition follow-up regarding prices and range available (assortment and seasonality)
- Visit and work in cooperation with producers to increment and ameliorate segmentation parameter.
- Participation in sourcing and commercial planning
- Skills and personality:
- Swahili & English mandatory
- Negotiation and bargaining
- Good communication skills and easy contact
- Service Orientation
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Knowledge of wholesale market process (timing, auctions, negotiations, …)
- Basic agriculture knowledge
- Quality conscious
- Knowledge of method and criteria for quality segregation of Fruits and Vegetables
- Minimum 3 years experience in similar role
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to [email protected] before 17th August, 2015.
Clearly indicate the position applied for on the subject line and expected remuneration.