Founded in Mombasa in 1972, The Tamarind Group owns and operates some of the most successful restaurants and leisure operations in Africa. The group focuses on its original mission of continually improving the quality and value of its services, developing an excellent morale among its employees and maintaining a superior level of social and environmental awareness.
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based at the Roast By Carnivore.
Roast by carnivore is your casual, dine out restaurant that offers a deliciously inspiring selection of ‘signature’ sandwiches, pulled pork/ beef and chicken, meat rich platters, fresh crunchy salads and a selection of sides & bites coupled with great customer experience.
We also serve the refreshing classic dawa (yes the original dawa cocktail was created by the Tamarind Group) other cocktails and a fully stocked bar. Roast by carnivore is proudly 100% Kenyan brand and part of the Tamarind Group.
Cashier Job Responsibilities
- Take and check the money, give customer the correct change and Fiscal receipt.
- Receive and process all payments for outlet guests
- Ensure POS equipment is well taken care of and maintained.
- Operate the cash register in compliance to the ROAST by Carnivore cash handling and security procedures
- Settle all guest checks in the computerized system and maintain accountability for all financial transactions.
- Compute and record totals of transactions.
Qualifications for the Cashier Job
- Diploma from an accredited college or university in Hospitality Management
- 3 years’ experience in the Hospitality industry.
- Have an up to date certificate of Good Conduct.
- Be of high integrity.
- Experience in cash handling
- Capacity to pay attention understand, to be sharp and alert
- Have an eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer knowledge (Word, excel, Materials Control)
- Up to date with food and beverages trends and practices
- Knowledge of service in a fine dining environment.
How to Apply
Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to [email protected]
The application deadline is 15th June 2018.
Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.