Job Title: Cashier
Organization: 5-Star Hotel
Duty Station: Uganda
Reliable Corporate Solutions (RCS) is a performance enhancement firm known for people and organization development. We specialize in developing and strengthening organization systems through research and information interpretation, behavioral and attitude change, Staff training, Recruitment, and R & D. They would like to recruit for a valuable client, a Hotel in Mbale.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• The incumbent will greet guests courteously upon arrival, receives, validates and posts to respective ledgers, payments of outstanding accounts or deposits from Hotel guests made in person or through collectors in a polite and friendly manner.
• Assigns rooms for arriving guests, removes and arranges charge checks and vouchers coming from different sales outlets and posts the same to their respective ledgers.
• Guides all guests of their room numbers and room rates, arranges posted bills, cheques and vouchers, in a systematic manner to facilitate balancing by night auditor.
• Actively promotes next destination sales upon check in, counts money received to verify amount received and issues appropriate receipts.
• Promotes in house services and facilities, takes meter reading of guest’s telephone upon his/her check out and includes same in guest account as appropriate
• Keeps an accurate room status at all times, converts foreign exchange currencies of guests into local currencies; issues appropriate receipts and maintains summary of same daily.
• Manages all complaints efficiently and politely. Serves as custodian of safety deposit boxes; issues keys and attends to guests making use of boxes in polite and friendly manner way.
• Actively participates in group/crew rooming. Disburses paid outs as instructed by authorised personnel.
• The incumbent will manage all the guests’ needs, inquiries and requests, prepares and balances cash report with cash fund at end of duty; prepares list of cheques received; prepares remittance envelopes containing cash received and deposits same in safe box in accordance with Hotel Policy.
• Ensures that all pertinent information is recorded on registration card. Maintains house bank in correct balance and keeps same in safe provided.
• Reports daily activity on log book. Informs superior of any guest comments either positive or negative, with regard to the Hotel and its service.
• Maintains good employee relations, Complies Hotel’s Health & Hygiene Policy.
• Performs any other related duties and special projects as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate should hold a Diploma or Degree in Business Administration.
• A minimum of four years’ experience in hotel cashiering.
• Good team player
• Ability to build constructive working relationships
• Presentable & deals with courtesy skills
• Cooperative with his team members
• Flexible & Hardwork
• Drive for results
• High desire to learn & develop himself
• High customer-focus
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to apply should send their updated CVs via Email to; [email protected]
Deadline: 30th September 2015