General Cashier (Indian preferred)
Job Ref.: DDK – 275957
Division / Department: Accounting
Reporting Line: Director of Finance
Place of Work: Accounting Office, Outlet Cashier Stations and Front Desk.
Responsible for the accurate disposition of cash or its equivalent on a daily basis. Monitors petty cash claims and is the custodian for the hotel’s house bank and all circulating floats. Must ensure that the hotel’s cash related policies are strictly adhered.
Essential Job Functions:
- Use equipment only as intended.
- Answer telephone within 3 rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/facilities to respond to guest inquiries accurately. Promote positive guest relations.
- Handle guest complaints following the instant pacification procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all hotel/departmental policies and procedures.
- Collect cashier remittance envelopes from the drop safe (witnessed by the security detail) and verify all cashier takings with the property accounting and point of sales system reports.
- Prepare Daily General Cashier’s Report and bank-in slips and reconcile total daily collection with the General Ledger bank code (Cashier Drop) and post to general ledger.
- Ensure that all cheques (including travelers cheques) are valid, signed and dated.
- Contact money changer daily to exchange all foreign currency received.
- All receipts must be deposited with the bank no later than the following work day.
- Arrange for security escort to bank daily deposit and/or obtain required change.
- Up-date foreign exchange rates on a daily basis and prepare the foreign exchange summary and statutory reports for timely submission to Central Bank.
- Prepare official receipts summary for city ledger and advance deposit payments.
- Liaise with the Income Auditor on analysing and investigating cashier’s over and short.
- Responsible for the issuance of house banks to designated personnel, and to update and maintain the house bank contracts in a secure area. Assign safe deposit box to each cashier.
- Ensure all floats are returned when cashiers go on leave.
- Prepare summary of house banks in circulation on a monthly basis.
- To conduct random audits on all house bank floats.
- Process cashier due-backs and request for change daily.
- Process petty cash disbursements as per policy and reconcile weekly.
- Provide leadership and guidance to all cashiers.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Report Line & Communication
Director of Finance
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests.
- College diploma, Accounting major
- Three (3) years accounting experience.
- Ability to communicate in English/Thai with guests/vendors/government agencies and hotel staff to their understanding.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Ability to compute mathematical calculations.
- Experience with computers, calculators or word processors.
- Tertiary education in finance or accounting.
- Certification of previous training in computers.
- Fluency in a second language.
- Business writing skills.
- Ability to input and access information into the property management system.
- Ability to maintain concentration and think clearly.
- Ability to focus on details and resolve numerical problems.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of pertinent hotel data.
- Ability to promote positive relations with other people.
- Ability to provide clear and pleasant telephone communication.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to remain stationary at assigned post for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and co-workers as part of a team.
Prior training in guest relations.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact, to [email protected] (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF) If you are not interested in this opportunity today, please refer any friend or colleague you know that might suit the required profile. Applications NOT MEETING minimum requirements will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted Note: We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews