Cashier Job at Janta, Kenya
Our client, the largest distributor for Household and Electronics products in the region, is seeking to recruit Cashier to join their dedicated team in Nairobi
Job Description & KPIS
Job title : Cashier
Department : Showroom
Reporting to : Showroom Supervisor
Cashier Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain cash float daily
- Account for cash, cheques, credit card and vouchers daily summary
- Produce Daily Cashier Summary to account for days transactions
- Filling of daily documents produced
- Preparation of daily banking slips for cheques collected during the day, separate deposit slips for those on account
- Directing Customers entering the Showroom
- Keeping the counter area clean, clearing of all papers
- Feeding necessary details into the system, to keep the records updated at all times.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by Superior.
Key Performance Indicators
- 100% accuracy in maintaining cash
- 100% keenness to capture fraud through cheques and credit cards
- All documents filed daily
- Updating records in the system done daily.
- Living the company’s Values
Minimum Qualification for Cashier Job
- Good customer service skills
- In-depth knowledge of operating cash register and maintaining cash drawer
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a busy retail environment
- Proven record of processing exact and efficient sale and return transactions
- Dedicated and meticulous—high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Computer: Skilled in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Minimum college diploma in accounting
How to Apply
- If qualified kindly send your CV to [email protected] clearly indicating ‘CASHIER’ on the subject line by 12th August, 2016. Do not attach any certificates. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.