Service Desk Officer Job at CBA Bank
Department: New Business Ventures
Reports To: Team Leader – Service Desk
Responsibilities for the Service Desk Officer Job
- To coordinate the activities of the service desk and execute administrative duties within the IT department. The Service Desk Officer will ensure that:
- All incidents are logged in the incident management system, are escalated appropriately and feedback is provided to users continuously from analysis to when the issue is eventually resolved.
- All changes are logged in the change management system and tracked efficiently until they are implemented in production.
- All administration tasks including but not limited to systems monitoring, housekeeping activities, maintenance of the fixed assets register, software licenses, version control and libraries maintained are carried out effectively.
- Provide appropriate input for daily production meeting to ensure that all incidents, problems and changes are correctly assigned
- Systems monitoring to ensure that we have minimal service disruptions and ultimately meet the required uptime. (40%)
- General IT support activities on noncore applications software and hardware. (20%)
- Incident management in accordance to the laid down procedures and SLAs. (20%)
- Problem and Change management in accordance to the laid down procedures and SLAs. (10%)
- Compliance with policies and procedures attaining satisfactory audit ratings. (10%)
Qualifications for the Service Desk Officer Job
- Able to communicate effectively; both verbally and in writing
- Capable of working independently and is a good team member
- Proactive and a selfstarter who requires minimal supervision
- Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to think logically
- Effective organizer and ability to execute complex simultaneous tasks
- High propensity for executing change
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations
(internal and external), and other stakeholders who impact performance
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures
and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks
- Selfempowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that
are needed to support true performance and customerservice oriented culture
- Selfmotivated, assertive and proactive
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or any other technology related field
- Upper second or equivalent
- Proficiency in office automation and banking technologies.
- 2 years’ work experience in general IT systems support and administration.
- Good understanding of the principles and techniques of IT service managements as outlined
- Strong troubleshooting/problem assessment skills
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
How To Apply
To make your application please follow the steps below:
Follow this link and select the job you would like to apply for to view the detailed job advert.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer, and do not ask individuals to supply funds as part of the recruitment process.