Business Development Manager – Coast Region Job at Commercial Bank Of Africa, Kenya
Department: Personal Banking
Reports To: Head Of Retail Sales
Job Purpose Statement
To deliver profitable business growth targets of Personal Banking products and services to a defined market segment through the workplace banking value proposition [email protected] entails creation of opportunities for bulk business by signing up those with a corporate relationship with CBA.
This incorporates strong personal drive in prospecting and acquiring new [email protected] schemecompanies, pursuing incremental business within the existing portfolio, managing customerexpectations to sustain business relationship and providing business advice that will benefitthe client.
Key Responsibilities & Percentage Time Spent
- Growth in business volumes (deposits and loans/advances), customers and customeraccounts (40%)
- Establish new Personal banking business relationships with Corporate, SME &
- Institutional Banking customers (20%)
- Management of scheme customer expectations and relationships (20%)
- Minimization of exposures to and impact of risks assisted with KYC, AML and portfoliomaintenance (10%)
- Selling skills to grow customer numbers and customer product uptake
- Strong negotiation skills to effectively close [email protected] scheme sign up for companies turnover of Kes.1 B and below with a full time employee numbers sales by spotting and meeting customer needs through selling Bank
- Business Development Skills to achieve business development objectives with net growth in assets-Kes 200 M to 700 M and/or liabilities-Kes.100 M to 200 M per annum
- Cross-sell other products like credit cards, Childrens account and other PB productssale performance records and meet the set sales targets as per
- Planning & organizing skills for effective time utilization in achieving the objectives ofthe position.
- Interpersonal skills to create and maintain relevant business networks; and to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations external), and other stakeholders who impact performance. (internal and
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Relationship management skills to effectively perform Account Relationship in a manner that consistently achieves high quality
- Sales and negotiation skills to prospect and close business
- Knowledge of Personal Banking products benchmarks.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer-service oriented culture.
- Networking skills to effectively leverage on relationships that will enhance customer acquisition and retention.
- Self-motivated and Result oriented, and able to deliver within deadlines.
- skills to be able to make preliminary judgment on
Qualifications And Experience Requirements
- University Degree in – Upper 2nd Class or equivalent.
- At least 4 years banking experience, 2 of which must be in Sales and Relationship management role.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Packages
How to Apply
Click here to apply