Laboratory Tech Kenyan Job At CBK
The Central Bank of Kenya hereby invites applications from suitably qualified, experienced and self-motivated candidates with proven track record to fill the following positions.
Laboratory Technologist (1 Position)
- The Laboratory Technologist will carry out patient sample analysis whilst adhering to correct laboratory procedures, health and safety guidelines.
Laboratory Tech Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- Carry out sampling, testing, recording and analysing of all medical results.
- Perform laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations;
- Maintain and operate standard laboratory equipment, for example centrifuges, refrigerators, pipetting machines and pH meters;
- Must have proven ability to work with highly specialized equipment especially chemistry analyzers, haematology analysers, endocrinology and tumour marker equipment, rapid based procedures etc.
- Ensure that the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced;
- Using computers and performing mathematical calculations for the preparation of graphs;
- Follow and ensure strict safety procedures and safety checks.
- Testing all lab equipment and ensure that they are functioning in the required order.
- Carry out periodic internal and external quality controls and quality assurance on laboratory performance.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly, monthly and annual reports and analytics as required by management and act when the Laboratory technologist in charge is absent.
- Keep up to date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve reliability;
- Conduct searches on identified topics relevant to the research in line with new developments in medical laboratory technology.
Qualifications For Laboratory Tech Jobs In Kenya
- Higher National Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences (those with microbiology will have an added advantage).
- Registered with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technologists and Technicians Board (KMLTTB).
- Must have a current practising license.
- Five (5) years’ experience in a busy modern laboratory
- KCSE Mean Grade C (Plain) with C (Minus) in Mathematics/Physics, C (Plain) in Biology/Chemistry and English/ Kiswahili.
- Knowledge of health laws and medical legislations.
- Knowledge of drug supplies and management.
- A team player, open-minded, a change champion possessing excellent communication, analytical, planning, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Mature person with a clean record, proven integrity, prudence, initiative and drive.
- Ability to think strategically with creative problem solving skills.
- Computer application skills.
How to Apply
If you consider yourself proactive, self-driven and up to the challenge, please visit the following link to view the job profile HERE and submit your application online so as to be received on or before 26th April, 2016. Note: INCOMPLETE applications will not be considered 4 Only short listed candidates will be contacted Canvassing, either directly or indirectly, will result to disqualification “Central Bank of Kenya is an equal opportunity employer”