Medical Officer Careers At CBK In Kenya
The Central Bank of Kenya hereby invites applications from suitably qualified, experienced and self-motivated candidates with proven track record to fill the following positions.
Medical Officer (1 Position)
- The Medical Officer will apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnosis, prevention and management of diseases.
Medical Officer Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- Oversees clinical aspects of the clinic, professional guidance and workforce requirements.
- Monitor and provide medical care to patients visiting the staff clinic.
- Admits patients to main Hospitals or to other specialized care facilities.
- Refer patients to hospitals, to consultants or to other specialized facilities.
- Take patients notes, examine and document all findings both for legal reference and for the benefit of other medical staff.
- Give medical education; explain tests and procedures to patients.
- Organizes and facilitates overseas treatments for patients who require specialized treatment.
- Advices on procurement of medical equipment, drugs and consumables.
- Member and secretariat of the Medical Advisory Committee (MAC).
- Develop, monitor and control use of medical Budget.
- Advocating on behalf of patients and making ethical decisions.
- Maintain confidentiality and impartiality and keep up to date with medical developments, new drugs, treatments and medications, including complementary medicine.
- Deputy In-charge of the clinic staff, participates in their recruitment and performance management.
- Oversee Learning and Development Programs of clinic staff.
- Organize and participate in employee wellness programmes.
- Participate in Occupational Safety and Health and workplace program.
- Ensure Customer satisfaction.
Qualifications For Medical Officer Jobs In Kenya
- Master’s degree in Internal Medicine.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery.
- Registered with the Kenya Medical and Dentist practitioners Board with a current practicing license.
- Six (6) to ten (10) years’ post – Bachelor’s degree experience as a medical doctor in a busy health facility.
- Knowledge of health laws and medical legislations.
- Knowledge of pharmacy policy and legislative requirements.
- Knowledge of drug supplies and management.
- A team player, open-minded, a change champion possessing excellent communication, analytical, planning, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Mature person with a clean record, proven integrity, prudence, initiative and drive.
- Ability to think strategically with creative problem solving skills.
- Computer application skills.
How to Apply
If you consider yourself proactive, self-driven and up to the challenge, please visit the following link to view the job profile HERE and submit your application online so as to be received on or before 26th April, 2016. Note:
- INCOMPLETE applications will not be considered
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted
- Canvassing, either directly or indirectly, will result to disqualification
“Central Bank of Kenya is an equal opportunity employer”