Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Contract Duration: 2 year renewable Contract
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply for this position.
The purpose of this position is to provide support to the CBM Kenya Country Office operations in maintaining financial, accounting and administrative services related to CBM’s work with partners in Kenya.
Oversees finance/accounting operations at the country level ensuring consistency in management of financial resources with organisation’s policies, procedures.
Identifies operational challenges that affect the integrity of resource management and proactively seeks ways to mitigate these challenges.
Finance Officer Job Responsibilities
- Support KCO and Partner Budget Application Process: Mentorship/Training of partners on the templates; Review of submitted budgets; compile budget summaries; Uploading approved budgets into NAVISION; making necessary revisions as maybe required; providing budget Notifications to Program Team for sharing with partners.
- Reviews Project Progress Report (PPR) and send it to Regional Finance/Operations Team on the due time line.
- In liaison with Program Team, ensure all partner savings are approved before re-allocation and re-utilization.
- Monitor whether partners’ financial implementation are done in accordance with CBM procedures and approved budget by conducting regular project visits in liaison Program Team. Use findings to support partner in capacity development to improve on internal controls.
- Prepare projects’/partners’ CBM annual checklist in accordance with CBM checklist manual.
- Support in tracking KCO program budget call ups, expenditures and reporting.
- Review whether the projects’/partners’ Audit Reports (AR) and Management Letters (ML) are in compliance with CBM procedures and requirements; this includes:
- Coordinate development of Audit ToRs including overseeing of the audit process.
- Follow up timely submission of AR and ML from partners and submit to Regional Office on due time line
- Review that the provided AR are in accordance with International and National Standards as well National Legislation.
- Reviews the auditor’s findings and opinions of the current year and follows up whether the project management has responded and whether subsequent corrective actions were taken.
- Reviews whether the previous year’s auditor’s findings and opinions are corrected or improved in the subsequent year.
- Reviews the correctness of projects’/partners’ CBM Annual Financial Statements (FS) against CBM Financial Manual and reconcile with AR; this includes:
- Reviews CBM FS whether all the donor funds have been used/reported in accordance with approved CBM budget.
- Reviewing whether previous year’s savings and current year’s reallocations of funds are utilized with prior approval of CBM.
- Reviews that all income and expenditures are reported on CBM FS clearly explained and reconciled with incomes and expenditures reported on AR.
- Reviews that closing balance reported on CBM FS is in conformance with the closing bank balance reported on the audit report.
Qualifications for the Finance Officer Job
- Degree in Finance/Accounting
- Certified member of ICPAK (Advantage)
- Minimum five years’ work experience in same capacity within development sector
- Strong and proficient skills in budget development, budget monitoring and donor financial report writing
- Demonstrated experience and skills in partner capacity building (finance)
- Excellent skill of using MS Word and Excel, PPT, and Outlook
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word processing programs at a highly proficient level
- Experience working directly with multi-funded donor programs and has a an excellent understanding of current trends in managing (finance) donor funds
- Experience in audit and monitoring partners (advantageous)
How to Apply
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
Candidates with the required profile and proven experience, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit in English via e-mail, a meaningful cover letter, CV and salary expectations to: [email protected]