CDM Smith is currently searching for experienced Procurement and Contracts Manager with an emphasis on large scale implementation of infrastructure projects pertaining to: water/wastewater, sanitation and water resource.
- Overall responsibility for oversight and resolution of contract management issues
- Coordination and management of the procurement functions
- Establish and implement a framework and systems for procurement management under the program
- Ensure the implementation of all procurement provisions in agreements and memorandum of understanding (MoUs)
- Coordinate the development and review of component level procurement plans, and consolidate into one project procurement plan and oversee implementation of this plan
- Develop and oversee the implementation of guidelines for the manage and administration of the procurement process including the development of specifications / Terms of Reference (ToRs), the set-up of evaluation committee and evaluation, the documentation and filing at all stages of the procurement cycle; preparation of bidding documents, prequalification of bidders, notification and advertising, bid opening and evaluation, award of contracts, reviewing claims, preparation and certification of payment certificates;
- Develop and oversee the implementation of guidelines for the supervision, management and monitoring of program contracts at the component level including the receipt, review and clearance of deliverables, and the clearance of payments.
- Manage and administer the selection of consultants under the projects including initiating the set-up of evaluation committee and managing all stages of the procurement cycle; short-listing of consultants, preparation of invitations for technical and financial proposals, evaluation of technical and financial submissions, preparation of contracts, supervision of consultancy contracts, reviewing claims and preparation and certification of payment certificates;
- Liaise with the applicable client Contracts Committee to seek/obtain approval for procurements where applicable
- Raise and help to resolve procurement related issues proactively
- Regularly inspect and review component level procurement management and systems to ensure compliance with provisions of the framework. Regular compliance reports shall need to be filed
- Prepare all procurement reports regularly and timely in line with the program manuals and any other project requirements
- Liaise with component teams on their respective procurements under the program and provide regular updates
- Coordinate half annual procurement reviews and updated procurement plans regularly
- Supervise procurement staff under the program
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business in Business Administration, Commerce, Engineering, Law, Procurement or related field. A post graduate qualification in a procurement related field will be an added advantage.
- Professional qualification in procurement as well as membership of a professional body with good standing.
- Extensive work experience of at least six (6) years in procurement and implementation in the public sector and donor related/funded projects with at least three of them at senior level. Must demonstrate advanced knowledge and understanding of local procurement procedures in either Kenya, Uganda or Tanzania. Emphasis shall be on the practical application of the law and regulations.
- At least two years’ experience in dealing with or managing procurements for donor funded projects. Specific experience with World Bank funded projects is an added advantage
- Fluent in English, and have excellent technical, computer, communication and organizational skills
- Conversant with modern project and construction management techniques, work programming, cost estimation, measurement/payment certification, and dealing with claims/dispute resolution, utilizing advanced computerized applications associated therewith
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here