The Central Depository & Settlement Corporation Limited (CDSC) is a limited liability Company approved by the Capital Markets Authority to establish and operate a system for the central handling of deliveries and settlement of securities in the Capital Markets in Kenya.
The company is seeking competent personnel to fill the below position:
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the CEO
Primary Functions of the Job Holder: The successful applicant will be responsible for providing efficient, confidential and responsive administrative, organizational, and logistical service support to the office of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Key Responsibilities: Schedule Management
- Maintain executive’s agenda and assist in planning appointments, board meetings, conferences etc.
- Manage requests for appointments and schedule them appropriately;
- Organize the CE’s diary to ensure there are no conflicts;
- Coordinate travel and Assist in acquiring of visa’s for the Chief Executive, Directors and Heads of departments as well as facilitation of air tickets, accommodation and transfer arrangements;
- Make travel arrangements for CE, Board Members and Management; Coordinate booking of the Boardroom and ensure there are no conflicts; ensure refreshments are available for meetings, and any other logistics as appropriate Office Management
- Manage all stationery and equipment requirements for the CE’s office and ensure timely restocking, repairs, and replacements; keep up to date inventory of office supplies;
- Maintain both electronic and paper records and filing system for the Chief Executive’s office and ensure the documents and information are well organized, secure and easily accessible;
- Manage office and meeting expenses and ensure the CE’s expenses and claims are accurately recorded and processed;
- Ensure the CE’s office and the Boardroom are properly cleaned and neatly maintained;
- Ensure everything is in place for the smooth running of the CE’s office.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by the Chief Executive. Communication Liaison
- Uphold the CE’s open door policy and ensure that any requests to see the CE by members of staff are communicated in a timely manner and efficiently managed;
- Screen phone calls, open and sort mail, attend to emails directed to the [email protected] address in consultation with the CE;
- Communicate with Board members, heads of departments and staff as may be directed by the CE from time to time;
- Respond or appropriately direct all enquiries directed to the CE’s office;
- draft routine correspondence on behalf of the CEO as directed;
- Handle confidential documents ensuring they remain secure.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position in a busy environment.
Competencies Required for this Role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both verbal & written.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.
- Ability to demonstrate sound decision making and judgment capabilities, integrity, resilience and be self-driven;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their covering letter& CV by email to [email protected] with the job title on the subject line.
Closing date: 16th November 2016