Finance Officer Jobs at Central Bank of Kenya
Ensure that all accounting processes and procedures such as settlements/payments; reconciliation of accounts; compilation and management of budgets; compilation and filing of returns are conducted efficiently and effectively.
Responsibilities for the Finance Officer Job
- Processing of payments
- Opening of accounts and records management
- Maintenance of supplier/client static data
- Operational risk management, business continuity and disaster recovery
- Provide and interpret financial information, analysing and advising accordingly;
- Monitor and interpret cash flows and produce varied accurate financial reports;
- Recommend financial management mechanisms that minimize financial risk;
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-optimization opportunities;
- Liaise with internal and external auditors to ensure regular and annual audits are carried out smoothly;
- Prepare and manage budgets;
- Prepare financial reports
- Record account payable and accounts receivable
- Reconcile Bank statements
- Review and implement financial policies
Qualifications for the Finance Officer Job
- Minimum: Upper Second Class Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Banking, Accounting, Business Administration or related areas.
- Additionally, one should possess a minimum of CPA I/ACCA I or any other professional qualifications in either Banking or Finance/Accounting
- One to two (2) years’ relevant experience in a finance and or accounting environment
- Report writing skills
- Knowledge of accounts and accounting principles
- Finance and risk analysis skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite and financial software
- Excellent communication, analytical, planning, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think strategically with creative problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting procedures and clear understanding of business risk management
- Knowledge of accounting regulations and accounting standards
How To Apply