This is a full-time senior management role within Centum Capital, the division of Centum charged with allocation of capital and managing the end-to-end process of deploying capital, driving value creation to eventual value realization and exit.
The Investment Director, Centum Capital shall report directly to the Managing Director of Centum Capital and be primarily responsible for the management of existing investments across Financial Services, FMCG and Power and the origination and development of new investments across Real Estate, Agribusiness, Healthcare and Education.
1. Portfolio management of existing investments mainly across Financial Services, FMCG and Power and such other investments as may be assigned from time to time.
2. Support the Managing Director-Centum Capital to execute and realize the commercial objectives of the Centum 3.0 strategy across sectors and advise the Board Investment Committee on formulation of investment objectives for investee companies.
3. Oversee and manage the end-to-end investment process of multiple projects and different stages of the development cycle from:
a) Identifying and screening new investment opportunities aligned to Centum 3.0.
b) Developing robust business cases to support board investment decisions
c) Conducting preliminary and detailed due diligence
d) Negotiating and structuring investment transactions
e) Leading and managing the investment process with all key stakeholders
f) Managing project related equity fundraising
g) Monitoring the execution of Centum’s commercial objectives in active development projects/portfolio companies through:
i. Formulation of winning strategies
ii. Building world class management teams and governance structures to drive day-to-day execution
iii. Active engagement and portfolio management with the management teams
iv. Representing Centum on the boards of the investee companies; and
v. Pro-active risk assessment and management
h) Interacting and maintaining good relationships with the management team of portfolio companies
i) Leading effective portfolio reporting to the MD of Centum Capital and eventually the Group CEO and the Board Investment Committee
j) Driving timely value realization through third party equity investments and higher valuation and / or eventual exit
4. Develop and manage a lean high performance team of junior analysts and associates to support Centum’s day-to- day portfolio management in-line with Centum’s Investment Manual
• An effective and ethical leader with proven ability to build, lead and inspire successful teams
• Strong operational experience at a senior level in any of the sectors of focus under Centum 3.0 strategy
• Strong commercial awareness across with a strong grasp and broad knowledge base of the key value drivers and risks within Centum’s core sectors of focus
• Possess an entrepreneurial with a track record of identifying / and or creating new opportunities that transpire profitable enterprises
• A no-excuses individual with demonstrated capacity to drive the successful execution of multiple projects simultaneously
• A personable individual and excellent communicator whom can build close and effective working relationships with Centum Portfolio Company CEOs
• A capable strategic thinker with a strong problem solving skills
• Strong technical financial and analytical skills with the ability to lead the negotiation of complex legal contracts
• A well networked individual with the ability to cultivate and retain relationships with a globally diverse group of institutions and individuals
• Portfolio management of a private equity portfolio, preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa
• Investment transactional experience including leading teams in end-to-end investment/ fundraising/exit processes
• Extensive Board level experience
• Minimum 10 years’ leadership experience preferably in an operational role in one of Centum’s sectors of focus.
• Experience in a top tier private equity firm, management consulting or investment banking firm will be an added advantage
• Bachelor’s degree or higher with a strong analytical or business focus
• Possession of professional qualifications in CFA, CPA or ACCA
• Possession of an MBA or any other postgraduate qualification in a relevant field would be an added advantage
How to Apply
If you have the right mix of qualifications and experience, please submit your CV ONLY to [email protected] Email subject: INVESTMENT DIRECTOR Deadline19th December 2016.