King Beverage was established in 2014 with a franchise to distribute and market Carlsberg Premium Beer. This Franchise was later extended to cover the whole of East Africa. Subsequently, two other Spirits franchises have come in to the fold. Over the Last two years, King Beverage brands have made significant inroads in the Kenyan market.
To effectively support brand strategy execution of company, we look to engage a high caliber professional as a Brand Manager.
The Brand Manager is a critical driver of the Kenya growth strategy. Responsible for the development and implementation of local brand strategies and activities which assist in the successful achievement of the company’s commercial and brand building goals. With a significant contribution to achievement of the P&L for Kenya,
- Taking the brands’ Africa strategies and creating a programme of market activities which help achieve sustainable business growth in the region. Recommending Brand priorities and levels of investment to drive this growth in close collaboration with the Area Manager.
- Leading the development of local market brand communication and advertising material to support field sales team efforts, including the planning and procurement of POS.
- Motivating cross functional teams, external agencies and customers to achieve excellence in planning and execution of the marketing plan.
- Supporting the development of annual marketing plans, working with King Beverage and EFME, focussing on the creation of a 12-month activity and promotional calendar which is measured by clear performance indicators.
- Monitoring contracted promotions, media and advertising and submitting (to all stakeholders) monthly reports highlighting progress against the agreed plan.
- Report on pricing as set in pricing strategy on a quarterly basis, as well as KPIs set for each activity on a monthly basis.
- Work with the local team to develop Insights into local consumers, customers, etc.
- Working to explore digital trends in the Kenyan market, ensuring that Edrington brands are frequently “talking to” consumers through the digital channel. Optimise the content creation to ensure brand messages are relevant and engaging.
- Managing the marketing investments to deliver all agreed marketing activities within the budget.
- By frequently undertaking market visits with the sales team, interrogating effectiveness of all executed marketing activities and make recommendations for remedial actions or improvements to future campaigns and/or strategies.
- Demonstrating technical marketing skills and company product knowledge.
- Achieving frequent, positive media coverage across all available media channels.
EDUCATIONAL & JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Relevant degree
- 3 years of direct sales and marketing experience.
The preferred candidate will possess;
- The candidate will be able to speak, read and write fluent English.
- A proven first-class cross-culture marketer with the ability to interact and cooperate with all internal and external customers, clients and partners.
- Excellent presentation skills to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent computer skills, notably Excel & PowerPoint and proven skills of reporting.
- Strong understanding of customer and consumer requirements and market dynamics.
- Willingness to spend time in trade and to travel within Kenya and occasionally beyond.
- A creative thinker with a proven ability to oversee all marketing, advertising and promotional activities including demonstrable problem solving.
- Ability to proactively establish and maintain effective team relationships across all support departments.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here