Head Of Finance Jobs at Centum, Kenya
Centum Investment Company founded in 1967, is the largest listed investment company in East Africa. We have over 37,000 shareholders and our shares are listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and cross listed on the Uganda Securities Exchange.
Centum’s vision is to be Africa’s foremost investment channel. We are developers of investment grade opportunities of scale and are a channel through which investors access these opportunities within the continent. Our investment philosophy is hinged on creating real tangible wealth by helping to build extraordinary enterprises in Africa
In our current strategy period; Centum 3.0; we will focus our development activities in eight key sectors of the economy, namely; Real Estate, Financial Services, Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), Power, Agribusiness, Education, HealthCare and ICT. We are currently active in four of these sectors; Real Estate, Financial Services, FMCG and Power.
Some of our flagship projects in these sectors include; Amu Power, Two Rivers Development in Nairobi, Pearl Marina in Entebbe; Uganda.
To effectively manage the financial aspects of the growing Group, we look to engage a high caliber professional as a Head of Finance.
This is a Senior Management role reporting to the Group Finance Director.
• The role holder will be a key financial business partner to the Senior Management of the Group in delivery of proactive and effective financial business solutions.
• He/She will be responsible for provision of financial and management reporting, financial planning and control services to Centum, its subsidiaries as well as third parties.
• He/She will support the Finance Director in strategy execution and treasury management.
Head Of Finance Job Responsibilities in Kenya
• Preparation and presentation of financial reports for the Group to the various stakeholders in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), statutory requirements and within internal timelines.
Budgeting and financial planning
• Preparation and timely presentation of budgets and management reports including financial trends and forecasts to stakeholders to enable effective performance management across the Group.
• Develop, implement and manage relevant control systems to ensure optimal delivery of financial services across the Group. This will include implementation of a group wide ERP system.
• Support the Finance Director in Management of the Group’s liquidity for investment and working capital and mitigation of operational and financial risks.
Group funding & investor relations
• Support the Finance Director in Group funding initiatives and investor relations
• Successfully lead and develop a team of finance professionals to effectively deliver integrated financial solutions to Centum, its subsidiaries and third party clients
Educational & Job Experience Requirements for Head Of Finance Jobs in Kenya
• An undergraduate degree in a business related field
• Advanced technical credentials such as CPA or ACCA. Possession of CFA qualification will be added advantage
• Over 7 years or progressive financial management experience, at least 3 years of this should be at management level.
The preferred candidate will possess;
• A track record of initiating and successfully executing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively articulate financial matters to a diverse group of individuals
• A generally curious individual with a broad understanding of the operating and regulatory environment across the region.
• Possess strong analytical skills.
• Be an emotionally intelligent individual with the ability to cultivate and manage relationships with a diverse group of individuals.
• A track record of successfully leading teams
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and high-pressure environment
How to Apply
If you have the right mix of qualifications and experience, forward your CV and the relevant academic documents to firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline for receiving applications is 28th October 2015