- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
King Beverage Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Centum Investment Company Limited dealing in Alcoholic Beverages commercialization.
King Beverage was established in 2014 with a franchise to distribute and market Carlsberg Premium Beer. This Franchise was later extended to cover the whole of East Africa. Subsequently, two other Spirits franchises have come in to the fold. Over the last two years, King Beverage brands have made significant inroads in the Kenyan market.
To effectively execute accounting function of company, we look to engage a high caliber professional as a Management Accountant.
- This is a Management role reporting directly to the General Manager with a dotted line to Centum Group Finance.
- The job holder will assume responsibility for providing management accounting and financial direction to operations and support the strategic and business needs.
- He/She will play an integral part to drive overall financial plan/strategy for the operation’s growth.
Management Accountant Job Key Responsibilities
- Formulating Financial best practice guidelines/ policies and ensure compliance with international standards.
- Planning & controlling of annual budgets and plans and the monitoring of performance against these plans.
Management of the cash flows and working capital
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future performance of the business to support decision making. Primary focus is on corrective action and the successful implementation of these actions, monitored on a monthly basis.
- Maintain efficient systems to monitoring integrity of financial statements generated and reported for the business
- Provide direct support for Senior Management
- Timely & accurate reporting of financial information (Local and Group)
- Monitor/redirect company efforts and resources to ensure annual targets are achieved (P&L, B/S, Cash flow)
- Ensure compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards, statutory requirements, legal requirements, & Company policies and procedures
- Ensure adequate controls, policies, procedures, & practices are in place to protect company assets
- Ensure that the businesses operating expenses are held within budgeted limits and recommend revisions to bring them in sync with projected company performance throughout the year
- Continuously monitor & ensure that the company operates within the Chart of Authority set down by the board and Centum
- Regularly liaise with external parties (weekly/monthly with Internal Audit, External Auditors Banks & Government) in relation to the financial affairs of the company (Taxation, Statutory, Statistical, Finance, Business licence, Legal).
- Coordinate annual Financial & Tax commitments for local statutory requirements
Educational & Experience Requirements for Management Accountant Job
- Bachelor’s degree Finance/Accounting/Business graduate or equivalent
- CPA (K) or ACCA
- 5 years related experience various finance roles, three (3) of which must have been in the same level in an FMCG sector/industry
- Strong SAP knowledge and experience would be an added advantage.
The preferred candidate will possess;
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Teamwork and influencing team dynamics
- Managing and Valuing diversity; respect for others
- High Stress tolerance and resilience
How to Apply
If you have the right mix of qualifications and experience, forward your CV and the relevant academic documents to [email protected] The deadline for receiving applications is 30th August 2016