CESVI is currently looking for a suitable candidate to fill in the position of Logistics and Security officer, in Banadir, Mogadishu.
The position is for a duration of 4 months and the contract is renewable.
Post Title: Logistics & Security Officer
Vacancy Code: 2015/LOG/SEC-MG
Duty Station: Mogadishu, Banadir (Somalia)
Duration: 4 months (renewable)
No. of Post: 1
Objective 1 : Manage Base Logistics
- Manage the movement of staff; flights or road means
- Carry on the necessary quality check of the goods purchased locally and ensure that they comply with the orders and procedures
- Issues the required acceptance documents
- Monitor allocation and use of equipment;
- Oversee continual improvement in logistics operations
- Provide logistics support to all Projects in Galkayo
- Supervise cold chain operator to ensure appropriate temperature control
- Maintain monthly motor vehicle log books and issue reports
- Manage all ongoing vehicle and office contracts and keep them updated
- Maintain office IT equipment monthly data back-up
Objective 2 : Assets Management
- Update the equipment list of the base and report as required
- Ensure smooth running of the equipments at the base
- Manage the drug stores at the base, set up shelving and labelling
- Establish/ Maintain stock card and stock record keeping systems
- Train storekeepers and pharmacists on record keeping systems
- Implement/ Maintain FIFO delivery system
- Be responsible for the quality of logistics and stores in the project
Objective 3 : Security
- Provide security updates to the country director
- Be in charge of all security requirements
- Provide security briefings to staff
- Generate incident reports as required
Qualifications / Preferred Competencies
- Diploma in logistics
- Professional experience ( at least 2 years)
- At least 4 years of experience in logistics
- Willingness to work within existing security protocols and procedures
- Very enthusiastic and able to work long hours to achieve the objectives of the programme
- Diplomatic and an effective communicator at all levels
- Ability to work in an international or multicultural environment
- Good IT skills (Windows, Office package and internet)
- Fluency in English (verbal and written)
- Prior experience in wash, health and nutrition projects
How to Apply
Persons qualified for this position are invited to submit their CV (including 3 referees) and COVER LETTER ONLY to CESVI to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the Position (i.e. Application for Logistics & Security Officer Position 2015/LOG/SEC-MG) in the subject line of your email application.
Please do not send more than one application and do not attach certificates at this stage.
Inquiries on phone or e-mail will not be entertained.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Preference will be given to local candidates.
Closing date for applications is 14th August 2015 at 17:00.
However Cesvi reserves the right to close the vacancy before the above mentioned date in case a large number of applications are received.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
CESVI is an equal opportunities employer.