Vacancy: Communication and Development Officer
CfBT Education Trust is a UK Charitable Organisation providing Education Solutions worldwide.
The organisation seeks to improve children’s life potential through the continuous improvement of the schooling.
CfBT Education Trust is implementing a four year, DfID funded Wasichana Wote Wasome (WWW – ‘Let All Girls Learn’) project that aims at improving school enrolment, retention, attendance and learning outcomes for 135,000 marginalised girls in Kenya.
The project works in 545 primary schools and the communities they serve in two contexts: Arid and Semi-Arid Lands (ASALs) and urban slums in eight counties namely: Kilifi, Kwale, Tana River, Marsabit, Samburu, Turkana, Mombasa and Nairobi.
The project intends to achieve her objectives by driving change in four dimensions: the community, the home, the school and the girl herself.
The project uses a holistic, integrated approach which combines interventions across the four dimensions in order to overcome the complex barriers to girls’ education in these two environments.
CfBT is looking for a qualified and suitable person to support the WWW project work for fixed term contract as the Communication and Development Officer
Position Reports to: Project Director
Job Summary: The job holder will lead in the planning, delivery and maintenance of good internal and external communications and information sharing (success stories, human interest stories, documentaries, updates, policy briefs etc.) and co-ordinate their review and approval including consents and copyright.
To oversee the internal and external communication function at WWW project. Specifically to support in the following main objectives:-
- Establish and maintain an interactive information sharing flow with stakeholders to drive the project objectives
- Seek out ideas for and create a range of interesting, lively materials from the project activities and impact for effective stakeholders engagement and policy influencing
- Build capacity of project staff on communication including production of communication materials for internal and external audience
Duties and Responsibilities
The job holder’s duties and responsibilities are outlined as follows:
- Coordinate and manage online platforms and technologies including online discussion forums and other digital engagements
- Transform raw content provided by project staff into multi-media communications content and opportunities
- Identify opportunities in media and online platforms to amplify messages and the impact of products and services; and develop content for such media and platforms
- Prepare and share other communication products including for targeted audience such as policy briefs, analytical reports, human interest stories, documentaries etc. to drive impact on project objectives
- Train and advise staff on how to package content to drive better results through communications, particularly on use of digital platforms
- Participate in project activities to provide feedback on communications needs and opportunities for the team
- Monitor communications activities and log through monitoring and evaluation systems, and prepare reports for internal use and decision making.
- Master’s degree required in a communication, marketing or related area.
- 5+ years of experience in communications/public relations (development, or philanthropy experience)
- Experience in writing for a range of audiences, including writing for web and summarising technical and complex content into non-specialist language. This includes the ability to write policy briefs, press releases, liaise with journalists and respond to media and other influencers
- Strong verbal and writing skills.
- Good Public Relations, Marketing and communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and eligible candidates should submit a detailed CV and Cover letter including current and expected remuneration and three referees recruitment [email protected] ONLY with the subject line of the name of the post applied for.
Applications must be received on or before April 22, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted