Our international team provides trading, sales, structuring and risk management solutions for our clients across global financial markets. This includes FX, commodities, equity, credit, fixed income and debt instruments. We also offer market insight, trading services, analytics and new financial products across a number of asset classes.
To provide financial risk management solutions to clients covering FX, Interest Rate, Commodity &, Debt capital markets product offerings. This entails ensuring a strategic and coordinated sales focus on servicing the Treasury needs of both existing and new business clients with the aim of maximizing profitability for the bank.
Executes CfC STANBIC GM sales strategy around growing and servicing clients while ensuring that it is in line with and supports STANDARD BANK GROUP’s broader strategy.
Ensures that the processes, structures, systems and resources required to effectively service existing clients and develop new clients are in place and continuously reviewed, thereby contributing positively to the efficiency and profitability of the CfC STANBIC Kenya Global Markets Division.
To manage a portfolio of clients exclusively, with the objective of increasing the Banks share of Business.
Retention and development of existing business
Execution of the Global Markets sales model within CfC STANBIC Bank, with the aim of providing a level of service which is of high quality, and which is consistent with the standard of service delivered by other Standard Bank Group treasuries in South Africa and globally.
Origination & execution of structured products with in-country clients on a one-on-one as well as corporate basis, in alliance with the centre of excellence for such products in London/JHB.
Facilitates the entrenchment of a culture of global thinking, and promotes the sharing of business leads/opportunities (cross-selling) within the wider Standard Bank Global markets.
Cross-selling global markets products to maximise profitability on income / revenue
Builds client relationships with the objective of seeking new treasury business from existing clients.
Business Acumen and Market Understanding
Formulate and review a strategy to pursue clients that have never dealt GM business with CfC STANBIC.
Deepen the share of wallet from existing bank clients who may already be dealing with other divisions of the bank, but not Global Markets, but having GM business opportunities.
Maintain close contact with all internal stakeholders. (e.g. Project Finance, Structured Finance/Corporate Finance, RM’S & TPS) and leverage off their deals that might have GM opportunities.
Identify new customer treasury needs and facilitate suitable Global Markets products to service their requirements in the most beneficial manner possible.
Client Profitability and Risk Management
Maximize cross-sell opportunities to increase overall revenue contribution from global markets products.
Ensure that all client trades are concluded within approved counterparty limits
Relationships (Internal & External)
- Establishes, grows and maintains a broad network of strategic stakeholders both internal and external to CfC STANBIC Kenya and the Group in order to ensure that the correct communication and decision making channels are open and available.
- Supports the RM’s (Relationship Managers) in developing relationships with strategically significant and/or difficult clients to ensure that the strategy and business objectives of the client and the Bank are achieved.
- Ability to build credibility across all levels within and external to CfC STANBIC Bank via the skilful application of specialist knowledge and relationship building skills.
- Continually drives and role models a superior client orientated culture within CfC STANBIC Kenya GM division that aims to exceed client expectations.
- Ensures that supportive, open relationships exist between RM’s, relevant stakeholders and service providers within CfC STANBIC Kenya and the Group.
- Gains leads and access to strategically influential stakeholders in corporate, commercial and government organisations in order to introduce them to the benefits of dealing through CfC STANBIC Kenya GM and the Group.
Ensures all deal details are accurately recorded and promptly posted into the front-office system
To maintain a professional service and high profile with customers so as to enhance the reputation of the bank in the Treasury Market.
Information & Reporting
- Has a thorough understanding of the strategic business drivers, opportunities, challenges, needs, competition and threats inherent in the environments/business sectors within which clients operate.
- Has insight into local and international trends, developments and benchmarks within the financial sector, banking and specifically GLOBAL MARKETS products.
- Has a good understanding of both traditional and non-traditional competitors, their drivers, products, strengths, vulnerabilities, market share/client base and the impact that these factors have on CfC STANBIC’s value proposition to the client base.
- Report on FX turnover/revenues and take ownership of data integrity/accuracy of reporting.
- Monthly report on GMSM client related activities as required.
- Daily customer visit reports as required.
- Keep up to date records of client activity and won and lost deals.
- Maintain excellent rapport with all fellow dealers, RM’s & product support partners to ensure that a team spirit prevails and the objectives met.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- A tertiary qualification with an appropriate business related degree or diploma.
- ACI Dealing Certification
- Treasury and Banking background
- At least 3 years experience in marketing foreign exchange / money market products and services
- Knowledge/Technical Skills/Expertise
Knowledge of other treasury products
- Strong networks within the corporate / commercial / government sectors
- Experience in high-level relationship building and maintenance
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Sales and marketing personality (i.e. people person)
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here