Support the Manager (Branch) in providing effective customer service by managing routine compliance, physical security of the branch and bank assets, query and problem resolution, routine aspects of new business and account maintenance, efficiency of communication channels, relationship maintenance, levels of authority, cost control (budget) as well as management of the service support team. Proactively identify and assess the risks faced by the branch and maintain an effective system of controls to reduce the overall exposure. Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Ensure that customer problems and queries are resolved within laid-down time frames to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Ensure reduced numbers of recurring queries of similar nature due to effective root cause analyses and the actioning thereof in terms of standards.
- Ensure that customer needs are anticipated and met through provision of appropriate products and services via the most suitable channel.
- Ensure that opportunities to migrate customers to more appropriate, cost-effective channels are identified and actioned.
- Ensure efficient, customer-orientated switchboard and telephone procedures.
- Ensure that Irregular Items are actioned daily.
- Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice, in line with Financial Advisory and Intermediary Service Act license categories.
- Complete disclosure to the customers in terms of accreditation, service fees, and commission.
- Ensure proper record keeping in terms of Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act as well as the Financial Intelligence Center Act requirements.
- Identify major risks affecting the support function and ensure the necessary steps are taken to measure, monitor and control these risks.
- Ensure maintenance of an effective control structure, with control activities defined at each level and duties appropriately segregated.
- Monitor internal controls to ensure their adequacy and effectiveness. Recommend revision of controls to Provincial Operations, where appropriate, to address new or previously uncontrolled risks.
- Maintain a culture within the support area that emphasizes and demonstrates the importance of internal control to all staff.
- Ensure that all routine controls relating to new business are applied effectively, with particular emphasis on routine compliance.
- Ensure effective compliance with agreed limits of authority and levels of access to systems and information.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Degree holder from a recognized University (min – 2nd class upper or equivalent).
- Banking examinations desirable.
- 5 Years branch banking experience, with exposure to all areas under control.
- People management experience.
- Institute of Bankers or related qualification would be an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of bank’s laid-down policies and procedures relating to all areas under control.
- Knowledge of the NDS System in relation to own area of responsibility
- Knowledge and understanding of the Area sales and service strategies.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of local target market profiles.
- Thorough knowledge of the products and services applicable to the local market/s.
- Knowledge of the Code of Banking Practice.
- Knowledge of Managing Local Market sales principles.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here