Assistant Relationship Manager Job at CFC Stanbic
To support the Relationship Manager with the day to day running and maintenance of a commercial portfolio:
By providing a central office-bound contact point for the customer. Responsible for the actual preparation of credit applications and supporting loan documentation – Credit Origination Fulfilment By monitoring all loan facilities in the portfolio (on a joint responsibility basis with Credit Division) on a daily basis against set parameters/ conditions.
By adding value to clients through the identification of cross-selling opportunities, Sales fulfilment support.
Responsibilities for the Assistant Relationship Manager Job
- Customer Service Quality and Efficiency
- Providing a 2nd face office-bound point, for a portfolio of Business relationships/clients. Performing a liaison role between the Customer, and all other internal support divisions of the Bank. Educating clients regarding the parameters and routine procedures governing complex but standard commercial product, solution and service offerings.
- Credit Origination, Credit fulfilment and Portfolio management (Lending Support and Risk Management) Interpreting business and financial information On e.g. consolidated balance sheets, complex financial statements and management accounts with inter-company loans and borrowings and/or off shore holdings etc, to prepare and motivate non-scored credit applications in line with Credit requirements.
- Completes annual credit reviews for the portfolio. Completes all requests of a Credit or Collateral nature on behalf of the client, in consultation with the RM.(Authority or Confirmation Sought) Interacting with clients to obtain and analyse financial material, i.e. Debtors lists, Management accounts, cash flow budgets, in terms of agreed covenants ( Portfolio management).
- Monitoring of daily excesses and authority sought requests to ensure that client facilities are managed within the parameters set by Credit.
- May exercise discretion (with management approval) regarding account conduct based on a close knowledge and understanding of client activities.
- Management of limits, i.e. ensuring that limits are timeously renewed (Portfolio Management) Accurately and efficiently collating and checking securities documentation and mandates for banking facilities. Control of facility letters.
- Sales (in consultation with the RM)
- Mining i.e. investigating and understanding customer portfolio data to identify opportunities for additional facilities. Explaining, promoting and cross- selling additional value adding solutions to existing customers Identifying sales leads, in consultation with the RM, for Product offerings e.g. Vehicle and Asset Finance; BOL; Banc assurance / Wealth (where available); Property Finance, Foreign Exchange,etc.
- Compliance with Regulations/Legislation
- Compliance with general banking and credit policies and procedures.
Qualifications for the Assistant Relationship Manager Job
- Relevant Degree from recognised University.
- Ability to understand, interpret and conduct financial statements analysis will be an added advantage
- Awareness/knowledge of the full range of Banking products and services (including Operational products, Electronic Banking, Treasury, Foreign Trade, Custodial, SIMS etc).
- Ideally, previous experience as a Business Assistant/ Business Banker to gain exposure to lending principles and customer servicing.
- And/or ideally previous experience in a back- office Account.
- Support/Customer service support role to understand how to deal with the customer as well as to understand how to process customer queries and requests.
- And/or Previous experience in Credit/Credit Direct/Retail Credit Collections as a Credit Analyst responsible for assessing Credit applications.
- Relevant business related tertiary qualification particularly in the Commercial field (Business flavour), e.g. business related degree qualification. Good knowledge of general banking practices, processes and procedures.
- A thorough knowledge of administration processes and procedures pertaining to Business Banking transactions. Good numerical skills and financial acumen to interpret and evaluate financial statements, balance sheets and ratios and cash flow cycles. A good working knowledge of financial spreadsheet applications (e.g. Excel) to capture and analyse financial data. A thorough knowledge of standardised commercial business banking products and pricing.
- Good knowledge of Personal Banking product offerings. A basic knowledge/ awareness of foreign exchange options, vehicle and asset finance and electronic banking options for lead generation purposes. A reasonable knowledge of different industry sectors and sector risk profiles/ trends; this includes an understanding of the impact of climactic conditions on the agricultural market (if there are agric clients in the portfolio).
- A sound knowledge of Credit principles and practices, including an understanding of credit application, securities and balance sheet requirements, as well as a good knowledge of behavioral scoring. Good verbal, written and telephonic communication skills.
- A good knowledge of the system to capture and access customer account information. A good knowledge of the terms and conditions of multiple legal entities (companies, close corporations, sole proprietorships etc.) and the legislative restrictions & requirements governing these from a financial services perspective. Knowledge of how to use the Group Reference Guide to access/ look up relevant information.
How To Apply