Fixed Income & Money Markets Trader Job at CFC Stanbic Bank
- To explore all domestic treasury avenues for improving the Banks profitability and expertise in all matters related to the FI market and the money market in general, including the trading of treasury bills, treasury Bonds, commercial papers, swaps, forwards and other vanilla interest rate products in the interbank market as approved by NPC, from the banking/trading book and the funding of the banks positions and meeting reserving requirements
Money Markets Trader Job Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities
- Transact trades on the Bank’s own account, to generate revenue or hedge risk with knowledge of customer-based transaction flows, and in anticipation of future changes in the market.
- Manage the transaction- based risks generated in trading, by working within the established parameters and rules appropriate to the trading product (trading limits, stop loss, hedging, mark to-market etc)
- Network with internal customers & external market counterparts, in order to solicit customers’ feedback, gain market intelligence, benchmark trading techniques, and enhance the Bank’s profile in the market.
- To monitor counterparts bank-limits and ensure all trades are within sanctioned limits.
- Contribute to building the bank’s reputation in the international and local markets through personally demonstrating a high level of professionalism at all times, and through developing mutually beneficial working relationships with agents, advisors, counter-parties etc.
- To maintain daily Interest rate gap reports to ensure effective management of interest rate risks.
- Ensure the Money Market Operations are undertaken within approved limits
- Responsible for the implementation and adoption (within Branch, Department or Section) of all Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions related requirements contained in policies, procedures and processes. This includes verification and confirmation of PEP approval as per the on boarding process.
Preferred Qualification and Experience for Money Markets Trader Job
- A business degree or equivalent banking degree (tertiary qualification)
- ACI Dealing Certification
- Treasury and Banking background.
- At least 2 years’ experience in domestic markets plus trading experience
- A good understanding of macroeconomics and current economic trends
- Understand the principles and practice of FX, Money Market and Fixed Income exchange products and markets and an intermediate understanding of other treasury products.
- An excellent working knowledge of domestic and foreign money markets, and an intermediate understanding of other treasury products
- A good appreciation and knowledge of Risk Management, covering Operational Risk, Market Risk, Counterparty Risk and Credit Risk
- Understanding of Asset & Liability Management
How to Apply
Click here to apply