To provide branch-based business banking sales and service facility to a portfolio of small business customers requiring standardised financial product and service solutions.
Business Banker Job Responsibilities In Kenya
Profitable Growth in Sales
Explaining, promoting and selling a range of appropriate CfC Stanbic product offerings and solutions that meet the financial needs of small business customers.
Selling includes acquiring and opening new business accounts, as well as
Cross-selling additional products & services to existing customers.
Identifying sales leads for associate company stakeholders e.g. Vehicle and Asset Finance; Electronic Banking;
Banc assurance / wealth management (where available).
Mining existing customer data to identify expansion and/or additional business opportunities.
Identifying opportunities to migrate top-end customers.
Customer Service Quality and Efficiency
Providing a central (information/ query handling) service point for a portfolio of small business customers.
Improve knowledge on all departmental functions.
Performing a liaison role between customers and back – office service fulfilment and credit functions.
Interacting with clients and conducting needs analyses to assist clients to better understand their financial requirements.
Accurately and efficiently processing customer mandates/ documentation requirements for banking facilities.
Educating clients regarding the parameters and routine procedures governing standard SME product and service offerings.
Explaining credit loan facility options and qualifying criteria to customers.
Completion and submission of credit application information requirements together with supporting documents.
Processing credit applications.
Notifying customers regarding the approval of credit loan facilities.
Qualifications For Business Banker Jobs In Kenya
University Degree from a Recognized University.
Commerce degree is an advantage.
- Business Knowledge and Contribution Risk Management – Level 1
- Project Management –People Management Financial Management Change Management Knowledge
- 2 Years branch banking experience.
- Previous experience within the personal/ consumer-banking environment as a Customer Consultant/ Personal Banker and/or Enquiries Officer is preferable. This experience provides an understanding of how to interact with and sell to personal banking customers, how to open bank accounts, how the system works, as well as how the principles of scored lending are applied in practice.
- Previous back – office credit application processing experience.
- Experience in Credit origination.
- Good numerical skills and financial acumen to interpret financial statements, balance sheets and basic financial ratios.
- A thorough working knowledge of standardized business banking transactional products for small business enterprises.
- Good knowledge of Personal Banking product offerings.
- A basic knowledge/ awareness of financial investment options, vehicle and asset finance and electronic banking options for lead generation purposes.
- A good working knowledge and understanding of behavioural credit scoring principles and practices, including an understanding of securities and balance sheets.
- A good working knowledge of the system and screens to capture and access customer account information.
- A basic knowledge of competitor offerings.
- A working knowledge of Managing Local Market (MLM) sales principles and practices to manage and optimize portfolio retention and growth.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of how to use the Group Reference Guide to access/ looks up relevant information.
How to Apply
To apply online, Click HERE