Asset Custodian – Two Rivers Branch Job at CFC Stanbic Bank, Kenya
- Control treasury cash, blank forms, safe custody items and duplicate keys.
- Assess and understand the risks associated with the control and changes in the custody of assets and maintain an effective system of controls in order to reduce the overall exposure and thereby minimize risk.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
Asset Custodian Job Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities
- Asset custodianship Ensure that laid-down instructions for the handling and movement of treasury cash to and from tellers and SBV are adhered to.
- Ensure that current stock of blank forms received is recorded and signed for according to laid-down procedures.
- Ensure that record keeping is carried out according to laid-down instructions for treasury cash, blank forms and safe custody items. Ensure that swept deposits are correctly handled in terms of the laid down instructions.
- Ensure that all Irregular Items have been actioned before the end of the day.
- Monitoring of cash holdings Ensure that cash holdings do not exceed prescribed limits. Ensure that sufficient cash levels are maintained to meet normal customer requirements
- Legislative prohibitions In terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act No 37 of 2002, (the Act) no staff member is permitted to provide any advice or intermediary service to a customer, in terms of a financial product, as determined by the Act, unless they have been appointed as a Representative of a licensed Financial Services Provider.
Preferred Qualification and Experience for Asset Custodian Job
- Relevant Degree from recognised University.
- 2 – 3 Years branch banking experience, with exposure to telling and safe custody.
- Institute of Bankers or related qualification would be an advantage.
- Comprehensive knowledge of bank’s laid-down instructions regarding treasury cash, blank forms and securities as related to the job.
- Knowledge of the Code of Banking Practice.
- Understanding of the impact and inter-relatedness of the services provided to branch staff and customers.
How to Apply
Click here to apply