Chai SACCO Society Ltd is a leading deposit taking Savings and Credit Co-operative Society Ltd with nationwide membership.
The SACCO has two fully pledged branches in Nairobi and Litein, and a marketing Office in Mombasa.
We are looking for self-driven and results-oriented persons to fill the following positions:-
Job Title: Branch Managers
Department: Branch Operations
Position reports to: Head of Branch Operations
- Branch Operations Officer
- Branch Treasury Accountant
- Branch Assistant Accountant
- Loans/Credit Officer
- Records Officer
- Marketing Officer
Purpose of the Job: Ensure continuous development and effective management of products, services with a view to achieving set goals and objectives of the Society at the Branch Level
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities are as follows;
Managerial Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee operations in the branch and ensuring branch compliance with operational guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure proper and efficient management of branch treasury.
- Ensure proper handling of cash in transit to and from the branch.
- Supervision and monitoring of staff at the branch level.
- Oversee performance management of staff at the branch level
- Facilitate loan approval, disbursement and monitoring the recovery.
- Foster customer relations and safeguarding the organization’s corporate image.
- Monitor and approve payments in accordance with approved budgets and authorized expenditure.
- Ensure preparation of accurate monthly reports and any other report if and when required.
- Adequate implementation of internal controls to safeguard the members funds, property and assets of the Society.
- Facilitate marketing of the Society’s products and services at branch level.
- Implement and sustain branch strategies for growth in line with the Society’s strategies and set targets.
- Authorize and approve transactions, and other services within the delegated authority and countersigned by another authorised officer when necessary.
- Implement control mechanism that will ensure operations in the Branch are in accordance with basic operational risk principles, and department manuals.
- Operational Roles and Responsibilities
- Communicating with appropriate management and staff personnel as well as providing periodic reports
- Ensures that the branch is properly staffed and that the employee is trained to meet customer service needs as well as sales objectives.
- Provides for the proper security, maintenance, and cleanliness of the branch
- Be accountable for customer service, sales performance and the general image of the Society at the branch level.
- Reviews employee performance throughout the probationary period and on a annual basis thereafter
- Continually review and measure team activities against performance targets.
- Provides periodic reports to the Branch Operations Manager and other groups as required.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Key Result Areas:
The accountability areas are as follows
- Increased market share
- Improve and sustain high standards of customer service
- Achievement of targets
- Increased awareness of the Sacco’s products and services
- Timely resolution of customer service complaints
- Efficient customer marketing strategies
- Effective cost control
- Proficient interpersonal relations, communicative, and sales skills;
- Demonstrated management and supervisory skills sufficient to manage
- Commercial lending authority;
- A thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of all Sacco products and services;
- A working knowledge of Sacco operating policies and procedures;
- visual and auditory skills;
Knowledge and Skills Required:
The jobholder must possess;
- A bachelors degree in business Administration, Finance or Marketing or equivalent;
- A minimum of five years work experience in a similar set up
- Membership in a professional body
- Must be computer literate
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent communications and presentation skills.
- Ability to focus and execute on defined projects, with the potential to grow the business
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria may submit their applications with a detailed CV, copies of their certificates & national ID, and names and contacts of three referees, expected remuneration and daytime telephone contacts in a cleared marked envelope “APPLICATION FOR ……” to: The Chief Executive Officer,
Chai SACCO Society Ltd,
KTDA Plaza, 4th Floor,
P.O. Box 278-00200,
Nairobi. Application deadline: Wednesday, 23rd September 2015. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Chai Sacco is an equal opportunity employer.