Chai SACCO Society Ltd is a leading deposit taking Savings and Credit Co-operative Society Ltd with nationwide membership.
The SACCO has two fully pledged branches in Nairobi and Litein, and a marketing Office in Mombasa.
We are looking for self-driven and results-oriented persons to fill the following positions:-
Job Title: Branch Treasury Accountants
Department: Branch Operations
Position reports to: Branch Manager
Position Supervises: Tellers / Cashiers
Purpose of the Job: To oversee all treasury functions at the branch level in order to ensure effective running of the branch
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities are;
Operational Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling the treasury i.e. the lock code and the keys and giving out money to the tellers as well carrying out reconciliations on closure.
- Reconcile daily cash collections and preparation of cash summaries/ daily cash report
- Coordinate cash in transit services
- Investigate cash variances and ensure timely resolution
- Prepare monthly journal entries for review by the Branch Manager
- Participate in month-end close processes by providing relevant treasury data
- Supervise tellers/cashiers and ensure they adhere to work schedule
- Make cash payments as may be required
- Issue petty cash to staff and ensure timely accounting for the same
- Verify petty cash vouchers for proper documentation
- Ensure security and safe keeping of cheques and receipt books
- Maintaining both BOSA & FOSA cheque register
- Support the Branch Operations officer in enforcing internal controls and procedures to promote more effective and efficient operations.
- Participate in annual audits as may be directed
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Key Result Areas:
The jobholder’s accountability areas are as follows;
- Safe custody of cash
- Accurate financial documentation
- Positive corporate image
- Safety of accountable documents
- Timely banking
Knowledge and Skills Required:
The job holder must possess
- A Bachelors Degree in Business or related field
- A minimum CPA finalist
- At least 3 years experience
- Membership of a recognized professional accounting institute is an added advantage
- Certification in Computer Packages.
- Must have attention to detail and a team player.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly developed financial and analytical abilities with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria may submit their applications with a detailed CV, copies of their certificates & national ID, and names and contacts of three referees, expected remuneration and daytime telephone contacts in a cleared marked envelope “APPLICATION FOR ……” to: The Chief Executive Officer,
Chai SACCO Society Ltd,
KTDA Plaza, 4th Floor,
P.O. Box 278-00200,
Nairobi. Application deadline: Wednesday, 23rd September 2015. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Chai Sacco is an equal opportunity employer.